The start of the college football season is upon us, and for every single team, hope springs eternal. The reality, though, is that there are really only a handful of teams in with a legitimate shot at winning the National Championship. Yes, we will see some dark horse teams emerge from outside the Power 5 Conferences, but it will be a team from the big 5 that will eventually win it all. We can expect to see the usual cast of characters in play for the title, but what about the LSU Tigers. They went from National Champion to .500 team in the space of a single offseason. What can we expect from them this year? Let’s make 5 NCAAF Betting predictions.
NCAA Football – LSU Tigers: 5 Fearless Betting Predictions
- The Tigers will improve this season – That’s probably a bit of a safe prediction, as it would be a surprise to a see a team with as much talent struggle to a 5-5 record again this season. Much of last year’s struggles came with losing their predicted starting QB in preseason, so things will be much more settled there. The defense should also improve, especially in what was a very weak secondary in 2020. This will not be the 2019 LSU Tigers, but they will be better than last season.
- No Top 10 Ranking for the Tigers – While we expect this team to be better in 2021, they still have a tough stretch of conference games that will more than likely keep them out of the top 10 at the end of the regular season. I would be looking at them to finish somewhere in the mid-teens in terms of national ranking when all is said and done. On the plus side, most of their toughest games are at home, so perhaps they can upset the SEC West apple cart a little.
- A New Year’s Six Bowl Game – For teams that do not make it to the playoffs, the next big reward is a spot in one of the big six bowl games that fall on New Year’s Day. I think the LSU Tigers might just do enough to fall into one of those big games. It is not the end result that they will be looking for heading into the new season, but it would certainly be a big step forward over what they delivered in a disrupted 2020 season.
- The Tigers Go Over 8 ½ wins – This will be close, but I think it’s entirely possible that the Tigers will deliver 9 wins this season. There are a few games, specifically a trip to Alabama, that look like definite losses, but they have enough winnable games on the schedule to get to that 9-win mark. Anything more than that would be a bit of a surprise to me.
- Ed Orgeron is Safe…for now – Winning a National Championship usually buys a coach a couple of years of safety in his position. Ed Orgeron is a beloved coach among the LSU faithful, but we all know how quickly that can change. A lot of people were unhappy at the events of last season, but the coaching seat remained relatively cool. It will only start to get warmer if Orgeron’s team underwhelms again this season.
College Football Betting News
- Posts not found