The Baylor football program was an utter trainwreck a couple of years ago, but now the Bears are ranked No. 18 and tied atop the Big 12. However, Coach Matt Rhule’s team is a short college football betting underdog Saturday in conference action at Oklahoma State.
How to Bet Baylor vs Oklahoma State College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 4 PM ET
- Where: Boone Pickens Stadium
- TV: Fox
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Oklahoma State -3.5 (Total 68.5)
Baylor beat OSU 35-31 in 2018. Charlie Brewer led the Bears to consecutive fourth-quarter touchdown drives, and his second TD pass was a 6-yarder to Denzel Mims with seven seconds left for the win. Baylor’s game-winning drive started after Oklahoma State was stopped on fourth down, when Chris Miller sacked Taylor Cornelius for a 9-yard loss with 1:31 left.
Cornelius threw for 287 yards and a touchdown and ran for a score. Justice Hill had 119 yards rushing and a touchdown for the Cowboys. Tylan Wallace scored twice in the third quarter, with a 6-yard run and 8-yard catch.
BU is 17-20 all-time against the Cowboys, including a 6-13 mark in Stillwater.
- Mostly Sunny: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 48%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 26%
- Wind: 11 mph N
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Baylor?
The Bears improved to 6-0 last week – barely – with a 33-30 double-overtime home win over Texas Tech. Charlie Brewer drove the Bears 97 yards to the tying kick on the final play of regulation, JaMycal Hasty ran for the winning score in the second overtime in Baylor’s first game under Matt Rhule as a ranked team.
Brewer was 24-of-37 passing for 352 yards, but threw his first three interceptions of the season. He ran for three touchdowns, including a 1-yarder in the first overtime. After not throwing an interception in the first five games of the season, Brewer was picked off twice in the first half and then had a costly one in the end zone early in the fourth quarter with a chance to put away Texas Tech. His streak of 144 consecutive pass attempts without an interception entering the game ranked fourth-best nationally.
The Bears have won eight straight games (dating back to 2018 season), tying for the fifth-longest winning streak in program history (longest since 9/4-11/5 2015). The win gave the Bears their first back-to-back-back Big 12 wins under Rhule and the first time the Bears have won three-straight in conference since 2016. The overtime contest was the first for the Bears since Nov. 27, 2015 at TCU. Rhule coached teams have won 38-straight games when leading or tied entering the fourth quarter. They are now 39-4 all-time when leading or tied entering the fourth quarter.
James Lynch ranks first in the Big 12 and second nationally with 8.5 sacks in 2019. He is tied for the Big 12 lead with 11.5 tackles for loss, a total that ranks second nationally.
Baylor has outscored its first four opponents a combined 111-19 in the first half. Thirteen different BU players have scored a touchdown, the eighth most among all FBS programs. Baylor is one of 12 remaining undefeated teams in FBS and one of only eight among Power 5 programs. BU is 6-0 for the 5th time this decade, the fourth-most in FBS behind only Clemson, Alabama and Ohio St. (7 each).
- Points per Game: 38.80
- Passing Yards: 261.20
- Rushing Yards: 204.40
- Yards per Play: 6.99
- Points per Game: 15.40
- Passing Yards: 199.60
- Rushing Yards: 106.60
- Yards per Play: 4.49
Why Bet on Oklahoma State?
The Cowboys have been off since a 45-35 loss at Texas Tech on Oct. 5. TTU built a 20-0 lead 30 seconds into the second quarter to win its second straight in the series after going 0-10-2 in the teams’ previous 12 meetings.
Oklahoma State (4-2, 1-2) committed five turnovers, three interceptions and two fumbles by redshirt freshman quarterback Spencer Sanders. Cowboys running back Chuba Hubbard, first in the FBS averaging 187.6 rushing yards going into the game, rushed for 156 yards and three touchdowns.
Hubbard leads the nation in nearly every statistical rushing category, including rushing yards (1,094), rushing yards per game, all-purpose yards, yards after contact, yards per carry (min. 120) and more. Hubbard’s 182.3 rushing yards per game average is 44.6 yards per game more than the 137.7 yards per game averaged by second-place J.K. Dobbins of Ohio State.
Wide receiver Tylan Wallace is also making a case to repeat as a first team All-American and Biletnikoff Award finalist. Wallace is fifth nationally with 703 receiving yards this season and he has more yards, catches and touchdowns now than he did through six games last season.
This is homecoming in Stillwater and marks the fourth time in the past five home games that OSU has faced a ranked opponent. Oklahoma State owns an all-time record of 54-36-7 in Homecoming games. The Cowboys have won four straight and 10 of their past 12 on Homecoming. An OSU win would make it 8-2 in its past 10 games vs. opponents ranked in the top 25 of the AP poll. OSU has won 23 of its past 24 games when leading at halftime, dating back to Sept. 17, 2016. Dating back to 2005, OSU is 36-2 when not committing a turnover.
- Points per Game: 39.83
- Passing Yards: 249.33
- Rushing Yards: 279.00
- Yards per Play: 6.73
- Points per Game: 27.50
- Passing Yards: 249.83
- Rushing Yards: 165.17
- Yards per Play: 5.52
Baylor vs Oklahoma State College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Home team is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings
- Over is 6-2-1 in the last 9 meetings in Oklahoma State
- Favorite is 15-5 ATS in their last 20 meetings
- Bears are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games this season
- Bears are 4-8 ATS in their last 12 games played in October
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baylor’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
- Cowboys are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against Baylor
- Cowboys are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 8
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma State’s last 5 games played in October
Expert Final Score Prediction for Baylor vs Oklahoma State
Baylor 31 – Oklahoma State 37
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis