Both No. 20 Kansas State and Texas are 3-2 in the Big 12, meaning the loser Saturday in Austin probably has no chance to reach the conference title game. The Longhorns are nearly touchdown NCAAF betting favorites at Mybookie.
How to Bet Kansas State vs Texas College Football Week 11 Spread & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Royal Texas Memorial Stadium
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Opening NCAAF Lines: Texas -6.5 (Total 58)
Last Kansas State vs Texas Meeting
Last year, Texas won 19-14 at Kansas State to snap a five-game skid in the series. Sam Ehlinger threw for 207 yards and a touchdown, and D’Shawn Jamison returned a punt 90 yards for another score, as the Longhorns opened a 19-0 lead by halftime. Keaontay Ingram ran for a first down with three minutes to go to help the Longhorns seal the win. The Wildcats lead the all-time series, 10-9, including a 9-6 margin since the two became Big 12 foes.
Why Bet on Kansas State?
KSU won its third game in a row last Saturday, 38-10 at rival Kansas. The Wildcats (6-2, 3-2) no letdown from their upset of then-No. 5 Oklahoma in bludgeoning the Jayhawks for the 23rd time in 27 games. The Wildcats held new coach Les Miles’ team to 241 yards of offense, a 2-for-10 mark on third down and stopped it on both fourth down tries. Kansas State also had four sacks, dominated the time of possession and had 342 yards rushing in what turned into a lopsided affair.
QB Skylar Thompson led the way with a career-high 127 rushing yards, as K-State cruised to its 11th-straighth win against the Jayhawks and became bowl eligible the earliest in a season since 2014. Thompson found the end zone three times on the ground, giving him seven rushing touchdowns between his last two games — the most since by a Wildcat since his position coach, Collin Klein, did so as a player in 2012.
With James Gilbert out with an injury and Jordon Brown (2 carries for 8 yards) limited, junior running back Harry Trotter stepped into a bigger role and added in a career-high 92 yards on 20 carries and a touchdown. The Wildcats won the time of possession by more than 16 minutes (38:03 to 21:57). It marked the biggest time-of-possession margin in K-State’s favor in a Big 12 game since a 2016 win against Texas.
More Important Numbers
K-State has rushed for 1,738 yards this year on 361 carries which includes 555 yards over the Wildcats’ last two contests (277.5 ypg). The Wildcats also have 25 rushing touchdowns – including 11 over the last two weeks – after tallying only 20 rushing scores a year ago.
K-State has given up just four passing touchdowns through eight games this season, which are tied for the fewest nationally this season with Ohio State, Kentucky and Penn State. Head coach Chris Klieman became the third head coach in school history to begin a tenure with six wins in his first eight games, joining Mike Ahearn (1905) and Z.G. Clevenger (1916).
- Points per Game: 32.71
- Passing Yards: 177.71
- Rushing Yards: 199.43
- Yards per Play: 5.64
- Points per Game: 21.86
- Passing Yards: 187.14
- Rushing Yards: 181.86
- Yards per Play: 6.39
Why Bet on Texas?
Texas has been off since losing 37-27 at TCU on Oct. 26. The Longhorns (5-3, 3-2 Big 12) lost a third straight game in Fort Worth for the first time since the 1940s. It was the fifth win in six tries against Texas for the Horned Frogs, which includes their first four-game winning streak in the series since the 1930s. UT QB Sam Ehlinger’s first three interceptions led to 13 TCU points. Texas had 447 yards of total offense but were done in by four turnovers.
Horns WR Devin Duvernay finished with eight catches for a career-high 173 yards, marking his fourth 100-yard game of the season. He is the eighth Texas receiver since 2000 to log at least four 100-yard games in a season, and only the second (Jordan Shipley, 2009) to reach that mark in eight games or less.
More Important Numbers
Duvernay has 33% of the team’s receptions, hauling in 69 passes for 800 yards and seven touchdowns. Jake Smith and Brennan Eagles each have five receiving scores. Ehlinger has thrown for 2,378 yards and 23 touchdowns on 199-of-303 aim, while he is also the team’s third-leading rusher with 361 yards and has a team-high five rushing touchdowns.
Kansas State is one of only two Big 12 schools with a winning record against Texas, but the Horns hold a 7-3 advantage when the series is contested in Austin. In four games at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium this season, the Longhorns have averaged 42.25 points per game and racked up 530.0 yards per game. UT is 3-1 on its home turf in 2019, falling only in a shootout against now No. 1 LSU, 45-38. Ehlinger has accounted for 1,612 yards of total offense (1,357 pass/255 rush) in his four outings in Austin this season. He has thrown 16 touchdown passes and rushed for one score.
- Points per Game: 39.13
- Passing Yards: 308.75
- Rushing Yards: 167.88
- Yards per Play: 6.16
- Points per Game: 31.50
- Passing Yards: 305.38
- Rushing Yards: 154.63
- Yards per Play: 6.34
Kansas State vs Texas College Football Week 11 Betting Trends
- Home team is 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings
- Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings
- Underdog is 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 meetings
- Wildcats are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games played on a Saturday
- Wildcats are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 11
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas State’s last 6 games played in November
- Longhorns are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games played in week 11
- Longhorns are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Texas’ last 12 games played in November
Expert Final Score Prediction for Kansas State vs Texas
Kansas State 28 – Texas 31
More Week 11 NCAAF Betting News
- Nevada vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Clemson vs North Carolina State 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Duke 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Iowa State vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- LSU vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Connecticut vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Pick
- College Football Picks Week Eleven (Ep. 749)
- Kansas State vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Expert Analysis
- East Carolina vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 11 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 11 ATS Betting Picks