A great rivalry game takes place on Friday when the Texas Tech Red Raiders battle the Texas Longhorns. The game takes place at Royal-Memorial Stadium in Austin. Will the Longhorns try to salvage a disappointing season with a win over the Red Raiders? Will Texas Tech end their season with a great cover performance? Check out the college football odds, analysis, and a pick for Texas Tech vs Texas!
Texas Tech vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Friday, Nov. 29 at 12:00 pm ET
- Where: Royal-Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX
- TV: FOX
- ATS Odds: Texas -9 ½
Why the Texas Tech Red Raiders are a good bet +9 ½?
Texas Tech has played well versus the top teams in the Big 12. They pushed against Iowa State. The Red Raiders beat Oklahoma State straight up 45-35. They battled Baylor to overtime before losing 33-35. They lost by only 2 against TCU and by only 3 against Kansas State. Texas Tech always plays hard. They should cover against the Longhorns on Friday.
- Total Yards: 474
- Passing Yards: 316.7
- Rushing Yards: 157.3
- Points Scored: 31.1
- Total Yards: 468.9
- Passing Yards: 304
- Rushing Yards: 164.9
- Points Allowed: 28.6
Why the Texas Longhorns are a good bet -9 ½?
Although Texas is 1-4 ATS in their last 5, they can grab a cover win on Nov. 29. The Longhorns always beat and cover against Texas Tech. Texas is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings. The home team will use their 164.5 rushing yards per attack to control the line of scrimmage. The Horns should pull away in the fourth quarter for the win and cover.
- Total Yards: 456
- Passing Yards: 291.5
- Rushing Yards: 164.5
- Points Scored: 33.7
- Total Yards: 444.1
- Passing Yards: 298
- Rushing Yards: 146.1
- Points Allowed: 29.4
College Football Week 13 Betting Trends for Texas Tech vs Texas
- Red Raiders are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 road games
- Texas Tech is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following an ATS
- The total went OVER in 5 of Texas Tech’s last 6 games played on a Friday
- Texas is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games
- Longhorns are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 Friday games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Texas’ last 6 games
Texas Tech vs Texas Final Betting Analysis
Although Texas’ season is disappointing, the Longhorns will get a bowl bid. Texas won’t play in a New Year’s Day Six Bowl. They will get to play in the postseason.
While the Longhorns have another game after this, Texas Tech’s season ends on Friday. That should motivate the Red Raiders. The road team made decent strides towards the end of the season. They hung with some of the best teams in the Big 12. Texas has no real advantage on the field over Texas Tech, which means the Red Raiders could pull off the moneyline upset. Take the points for sure.
NCAAF Free Pick: Texas Tech +9 ½
More College Football Week 14 Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info