It is getting to the stage of the baseball season where the push for the playoffs starts to become very real and its reflected on their respective MLB betting picks. Losing streaks occurring now can kill a season, while a positive winning run can transform a season. Right now the MLB betting odds for tonight’s games are red hot and we have a couple of match ups that you should consider.The New York Yankees are chasing the AL East crown, and will open a series versus the Central Division leading Indians. The Red Sox are trying to hold the Yankees off, and will try to increase their lead with a series win over the White Sox. The Dodgers are pulling away in the NL West, and should be able to take care of the Atlanta Braves on the road.
2017 MLB Betting Picks and Favorites for Thursday, August 3
New York Yankees (57-48) at Cleveland Indians (57-48)When: Thursday, August 3 at 7:10 PM ESTWhere: Progressive Field, ClevelandTV: MLBNProbable Pitchers: Sonny Gray Vs Danny SalazarGAMETIME WEATHERChance of a Thunderstorm24°C/75°FHumidity: 78%Precipitation %: 44%Cloud Cover: 69%Wind: 7 mph NEStadium Type: OpenAnalysis: There is a see-saw battle going on atop the AL East, and as it stands right now, it is the Yankees who are down, albeit only by a half game. Things still look good for the Yankees, though, as they are 7-3 in their last 10 games, and they also had one of the better performances at the trade deadline. One of their newest acquisitions will take center stage on Thursday night, as Sonny Gray (6-5, 3.43 ERA) will start after coming over from Oakland.The Indians are in danger of falling into a tailspin, as they have now lost 3 straight games, including back to back efforts against the Boston Red Sox. Cleveland still has a 2-game lead atop the division, but that could quickly vanish if they cannot get back to winning ways on this week’s MLB betting picks. The Indians do have a winning record at home, but 28-24 is not an entirely convincing stat. Danny Salazar (4-5, 4.63 ERA) will start for Cleveland.
New York Yankees TRENDS
- NY Yankees is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of NY Yankees’s last 19 games
- NY Yankees is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The NY Yankees are 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games when playing Cleveland
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Chicago White Sox (41-63) at Boston Red Sox (59-49)When: Thursday, August 3 at 7:10 PM ESTWhere: Fenway Park, BostonTV: MLBNProbable Pitchers: Miguel Gonzalez Vs Eduardo RodriguezGAMETIME WEATHERClear26°C/79°FHumidity: 58%Precipitation %: 1%Cloud Cover: 11%Wind: 11 mph SStadium Type: OpenAnalysis: It appears as though the White Sox have given up on this season and are now committing to a rebuilding process given that they were major sellers at the trade deadline. This is no real surprise given that the White Sox only have 3 wins in their last 18 games. Their games have been going the OVER route of late, with 4 of their last 5 delivering big scores. The White Sox will send Miguel Gonzalez (5-9, 4.59 ERA) to the mound.The Boston Red Sox are back atop the AL East after a wild finish that saw them steal a 12-10 win over the Cleveland Indians. Boston seem to be sliding back into form after a bit of a rough patch, and have now won 5 of their last 7. You have to like their chances of improving that record, as they took 2 of 3 from Chicago when they met earlier this season. Boston will send Eduardo Rodriguez (4-3, 4.16 ERA) to the mound for this one.
Chicago White Sox TRENDS
- Chicago White Sox is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games
- Chicago White Sox is 3-16 SU in its last 19 games
- The Chicago White Sox are 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 7 games on the road
- Chicago White Sox is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi White Sox’s last 8 games when playing on the road against Boston
- Chicago White Sox is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Boston
LA Dodgers (75-31) at Atlanta Braves (48-57)When: Thursday, August 3 at 7:35 PM ESTWhere: Suntrust Park, AtlantaTV: MLBNProbable Pitchers: Alex Wood Vs Sean NewcombGAMETIME WEATHERMostly Cloudy27°C/81°FHumidity: 52%Precipitation %: 0%Cloud Cover: 76%Wind: 7 mph SStadium Type: OpenWind Field Impact: N/AAnalysis: The Dodgers were the best team in baseball prior to the trade deadline, and the moves that they made there may have made them even stronger. They have won 9 straight games, including a hard fought 3-2 win over Atlanta in the opening game of this series. The Dodgers have dominated everyone this season, but are particularly tough against teams from the East, going 17-5. Former Brave Alex Wood (12-1, 2.38 ERA) will start for LA.There are going to be a lot of teething troubles for an Atlanta Braves team that are in rebuilding mode, although the small crowds at the new ball park suggests that the patience of the fans is wearing thin. Surprisingly enough, the Braves have been tough against teams from the West, going 15-10 against that group this season. That said, 6 straight losses over the past week suggest that this is a record that might change for the worse. Sean Newcomb (1-5, 4.50 ERA) will start.
Los Angeles Dodgers TRENDS
- LA Dodgers is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Atlanta