The NBA season is under way and we are seeing some surprises in the early going. While you might think that those surprises might have an impact on the power rankings, the really don’t in the early going. This is not like the NFL rankings, which can change dramatically from week to week. The NBA Rankings should remain quite steady, with the preseason favorites on top, until such times as a slow start becomes a bit of a trend. With that in mind, don’t expect to see too many surprises in the top and bottom 5 in the NBA. That said, let’s jump right into action so you can continue making your bets against their NBA odds.
NBA Betting | Week 2 Power Rankings
- LA Lakers – It has been a bit of an up and down start to the season for the defending champions, who are 2-2 at the time of writing. We have seen LeBron James and Anthony Davis have to deal with niggling little injuries, but they, and the team, will be fine.
- Brooklyn Nets – The Nets jumped out to an 0-2 start but had fallen to 2-1 by the time these rankings were announced. They have since lost their second straight game and may also have lost Spencer Dinwiddie for the season with an injury.
- Indiana Pacers – A solid start to the season saw the Indiana Pacers jump out to a 3-0 start, although they have since dropped a game, which was the second of back-to-back games versus the Celtics. Never easy to beat a good team on consecutive nights.
- LA Clippers – The Clippers stay in the same #4 spot that they were in after the opening week, but they may well begin to move up soon. They were 2-1 when the rankings were released and have since added another win to move to 3-1.
- Orlando Magic – The Magic made a huge move this week, jumping into the top 5 for the first time this season. They started at 3-0 and made it 4 in a row with another win to start this week. Orlando has made a habit of coming from behind to win. Can that continue or will it catch up to them?
- Golden State Warriors – Oh how the mighty have fallen. The Warriors looked awful in their opening 2 games, both of which ended in defeat, but they have since turning things around, closing out last week with a win and starting this week with more of the same to go to 2-2.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder came into the new week sitting at 1-0, but they may no be heading in the wrong after losing 2 straight games. They are probably a little fortunate to be at 1-2 at this time, as they barely survived their lone win.
- Charlotte Hornets – The Hornets looked like a team destined to be at the bottom of the heap after losing their opening 2 games, but a win against the Nets saved them. Will that game serve as a morale booster or will it be back to business as usual?
- Chicago Bulls – The Bulls ended week 2 of the season with a better offensive performance against the Warriors, but they still lost, falling to 0-3 in the process. They did, though, get this week started with a win.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons ended the opening week down in the #29 spot, but as the losing continued, they are now in the cellar. Detroit has now fallen to 0-4 and already look as though they are in for a long season.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NBA Lines | Online Betting
MyBookie Odds for the Games
NBA Betting Center
NBA Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
Latest NBA News:
- NBA Finals Odds: Nuggets vs Heat in Game 3 Analysis, Trends and Prediction
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Heat vs Nuggets Game 3 Prediction
- NBA Trade Rumors: Kyrie Irving with Lebron James not Happening
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Forget the Odds, Wich team is Favorite to Win?
- 2023 NBA Finals Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 Odds and Analysis