Prior to the trade deadline, many were questioning whether or not the Lakers would even make the playoffs. With LeBron James and Anthony Davis missing numerous games due to injuries, and the team looking old and outmatched, the Lakers were in trouble. However, general manager Rob Pelinka made some deadline moves, and here we are.
After acquiring D’Angelo Russell, Rui Hachimura, and Mo Bamba, and with the emergence of Austin Reaves and Jarred Vanderbilt, the Lakers are now in a position to take a 3-1 lead in their best-of-seven series with the Memphis Grizzlies. Monday night’s Game 4 in Los Angeles will be pivotal for both squads, as the seventh-seeded Lakers could put the second-seeded Memphis Grizzlies on the ropes.
We will now briefly preview each team, and then we’ll give you our best betting predictions for this huge Western Conference playoff showdown.
Can the Los Angeles Lakers Take a Commanding Lead in the Series?
Keep reading for NBA betting lines, analysis, and a free pick for Grizzlies vs. Lakers.
2023 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 4 Grizzlies vs. Lakers Betting Preview | MyBookie NBA Preview
Odds: Lakers -4.5 | Grizzlies +153, Lakers -188 | O/U 220.5
When: Monday, April 24, 2023 at 8:00 pm ET
Where: Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA
TV / Streaming: ESPN+
Why Bet on Grizzlies versus Lakers?
Much of the talk surrounding the Grizzlies is about Dillon Brooks. Brooks, who has instigated numerous scuffles this season, has been trying to be a thorn in the side of LeBron James. Brooks was ejected from Game 3 after striking James in the pelvic region. Brooks is eligible to return for Game 4, so many of the storylines in this series will be the battle between those two.
Brooks has struggled on the offensive end, and he hasn’t really slowed James down on the defensive end. The Memphis Grizzlies will need huge games from Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson, Jr., and Desmond Bane if they want to win Game 4. The Grizzlies are already thin on bench talent, and if Brooks can’t control himself, they could be in huge trouble.
Memphis Grizzlies Offensive Averages
- Points/G: 116.5
- FG %: 53.6
- 3PT %: 34.3
- FT %: 73.6
- Rebounds/G: 55.4
Memphis Grizzlies Defensive Averages
- Points/G: 112.9
- FG %: 52.6
- 3PT %: 36.3
- FT %: 78.7
- Rebounds/G: 53.4
Why Bet on Lakers versus Grizzlies?
Davis and James have been spectacular thus far in the series. This was expected from them, but it’s been the unexpected scoring efforts from Reaves and Hachimura that have given the Lakers an advantage in this series. If those two continue to play well, it’s going to be very hard for Memphis to stop the Los Angeles Lakers.
Brooks could still be suspended, but if he isn’t, we look for James to try and embarrass him. Memphis is a desperate team, and they’ll go to any length to try and tie the series up at two games apiece. Anthony Davis will need to play well, and the Lakers bench players will need to step things up if Memphis can control James and/or Davis.
Los Angeles Lakers Offensive Averages
- Points/G: 116.8
- FG %: 54.1
- 3PT %: 31.2
- FT %: 77.8
- Rebounds/G: 54.3
Los Angeles Lakers Defensive Averages
- Points/G: 116.0
- FG %: 53.5
- 3PT %: 36.5
- FT %: 77.7
- Rebounds/G: 52.4
Memphis at Los Angeles Betting Trends
- Los Angeles’ 82 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 220.5 points 62 times.
- Los Angeles’ outings this year have an average point total of 233.8, 13.3 more points than this game’s over/under.
- The Lakers are 41-41-0 ATS this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has won 20 out of the 31 games, or 64.5%, in which it has been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 12-2, a 85.7% win rate, when it’s favored by -210 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 67.7% chance of a victory for the Lakers.
- Memphis has played 57 games this season that have had more than 220.5 combined points scored.
- The average over/under for Memphis’ matchups this season is 229.9, 9.4 more points than this game’s point total.
- Memphis is 40-42-0 ATS this season.
- The Grizzlies have been victorious in three, or 15.8%, of the 19 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Memphis has not won as an underdog of +170 or more on the moneyline this season in six games with those odds or longer.
- Memphis has an implied victory probability of 37% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
Ja Morant, Desmond Bane, Dillon Brooks, Jaren Jackson Jr., Xavier Tillman
Los Angeles Lakers
D’Angelo Russell, Austin Reaves, LeBron James, Jarred Vanderbilt, Anthony Davis
Los Angeles Lakers
LeBron James (Foot – Game Time Decision), Dennis Schroder (Foot – Game Time Decision), Anthony Davis (Foot – Game Time Decision)
Memphis Grizzlies at Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Prediction
Memphis knows that if they go down 3-1, that they are in huge trouble. Only 13 out of 270 NBA teams have come from 3-1 down to win a playoff series. The oddsmakers believe that the Lakers will win Game 4 at home, as they’ve made the Lakers a 4.5-point favorite to win the game tonight in Los Angeles.
We look for James to have a huge scoring night. We also think Davis will put up huge numbers as well. This game is going to be physical and chippy, so the point total could be lower than expected.
We look for Memphis to try everything to slow down the Lakers offense. It could be ugly at times, but we have the Lakers winning the game and covering the spread.
NBA Playoffs Round 1 Prediction: Lakers | Bet Lakers vs. Grizzlies Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Full Game 3 Highlights | Apr 22 | 2022-2023 NBA Playoffs
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NBA Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
NBA Betting Center
NBA Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
Latest NBA News:
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Forget the Odds, Wich team is Favorite to Win?
- 2023 NBA Finals Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 Odds and Analysis
- NBA Finals Betting Predictions 2023: Miami Heat at Denver Nuggets, Game 1
- 2023 NBA Finals Game 1 Odds and Analysis
- NBA Finals Odds: Heat vs. Nuggets in Game 1 Analysis, Trends and Prediction