Here we go again. That must be what Chris Paul was thinking when he felt the twinge in his groin in Game 2. With Paul sidelined, the Suns now find themselves likely without Paul for the next few days, and in a 2-0 hole after their 97-87 loss to Denver on Monday night.
All reports indicate that Paul will miss at least the next two games, if not more, with his groin injury. This is just another story in the saga of Paul postseason disappointments. The big story will be whether or not the Suns have what it takes to overcome losing their floor general.
The one bit of good news for Phoenix is that now they will be on their home floor for Friday night’s every-important Game 3. The Suns know that they can’t afford to go down 3-0 to the top-seeded Nuggets. In their eyes, the Suns know that Game 3 is a must-win for them.
Keep reading for NBA Playoff betting odds, analysis, and free picks for Suns hosting the Denver in Game 3 of West Semifinals.
2023 NBA West Semifinals Playoffs Denver at Phoenix Betting Preview | MyBookie NBA Preview
West Semifinals – Game 3, DEN leads series 2-0
NBA Odds: Nuggets +3.5, Suns -3.5 / Nuggets -171 Suns +145 / O/U 224.5
When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 10:00 pm ET
Where: Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ
TV / Streaming: ESPN
Why Bet on Denver versus Phoenix?
The Denver Nuggets are feeling good heading into Phoenix with a 2-0 series lead. Nikola Jokic has been tremendous throughout the series, and the Suns have yet to find a way to slow him down. Jokic put up 39 points, with 16 rebounds, and five assists in Denver’s Game 2 victory.
Jokic made up for a poor shooting night from Jamal Murray who went 3-16 from the field and finished the game with just 10 points. Aaron Gordon chipped in with 16, and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope added 14 to lead the Nuggets’ scoring effort.
Once again, it was the Denver defense that led them to victory. Kevin Durant and Devin Booker combined for 59 points, but DeAndre Ayton was the only other Sun to score in double figures with 14. Durant was just 10-27 from the field, including a dismal 2-12 from beyond the arc.
Denver Nuggets Offensive Averages
- Points/G: 115.6
- FG %: 57.1
- 3PT %: 31.3
- FT %: 75.5
- Rebounds/G: 51.1
Denver Nuggets Defensive Averages
- Points/G: 111.7
- FG %: 54.1
- 3PT %: 32.9
- FT %: 77.6
- Rebounds/G: 48.1
Why Bet on Phoenix versus Denver?
The Phoenix Suns know they have a lot of work to do to get back into this series. It all starts with a win in Game 3, or the series is more than likely over. Phoenix knows that they’re going to have to overcome the loss of Paul to win this one.
We’ll see if Durant and Booker will come into Game 3 tired. Durant logged 44 minutes, while Booker logged 45 in the Game 2 loss. The trade for Durant hurt the depth of the Suns, and now those two will be depended on to carry most of the load for the Suns.
Ayton and the Phoenix bench will need to step up their games for the rest of the series. The Phoenix bench only scored four points in Game 2. If the Suns want to get back into the series, they’re going to need more contributions from their bench players.
Phoenix Suns Offensive Averages
- Points/G: 113.7
- FG %: 53.6
- 3PT %: 32.0
- FT %: 79.5
- Rebounds/G: 52.4
Phoenix Suns Defensive Averages
- Points/G: 111.8
- FG %: 53.2
- 3PT %: 32.1
- FT %: 78.9
- Rebounds/G: 51.2
Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns Betting Trends
- In 40 games this season, Denver and its opponents have gone over 228.5 total points.
- The average total in Denver’s contests this year is 228.3, 0.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
- The Nuggets have a 45-37-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, Denver has won 43 out of the 61 games, or 70.5%, in which it has been favored.
- Phoenix’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 228.5 points in 38 of 82 outings.
- The average over/under for Phoenix’s contests this season is 225.2, 3.3 fewer points than this game’s point total.
- Phoenix is 43-38-0 against the spread this year.
- The Suns have been underdogs in 28 games this season and have come away with the win eight times (28.6%) in those contests.
- The Nuggets are 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall in their last 10 games.
- Phoenix has gone 6-4 over its last 10 contests, with a 4-6 record against the spread during that span.
Jamal Murry, K. Caldwell-Pope, Michael Porter Jr., Aaron Gordn, Nikola Jokic
Chris Paul, Devin Booker, Josh Okogie, Kevin Durnat, Deandre Ayton
Jimmy Butler (Ankle – Game Time), Victor Oladipo (Knee – out), Tyler Herro (Hand – out)
Collin Gillespie (Lower Leg – Out), Chris Paul (Groin – Game Time)
Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns Betting Analysis
Even without Paul, the oddsmakers still think that the Suns will win Game 3. Phoenix is a 3.5-point favorite to win at home on Friday night. Even without Paul, we think the Suns come out and play well at home.
We like them to win the game and cover the spread.
NBA Playoffs West Semifinals Prediction: Knicks will cover | Bet Nuggets vs. Suns Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NBA Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
NBA Betting Center
NBA Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
Latest NBA News:
- NBA Finals Odds: Nuggets vs Heat in Game 3 Analysis, Trends and Prediction
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Heat vs Nuggets Game 3 Prediction
- NBA Trade Rumors: Kyrie Irving with Lebron James not Happening
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Forget the Odds, Wich team is Favorite to Win?
- 2023 NBA Finals Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 Odds and Analysis