The NBA season is a long one, so you can bet that the players all welcome some time off when the All-Star Game rolls around. It was a shorter schedule last week because of the break, but there were enough games played for there to be an impact on the NBA Power Rankings. There are some changes to the top 5, which has been mostly the same for a couple of weeks. Let’s get into it, while also taking a look at the bottom 5 so you can bet against the NBA Odds.
NBA Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 19
- Phoenix Suns – No change at the top, as the Suns continue to be the team to beat. That said, they have Chris Paul now out 6-8 weeks with an injury, which makes you wonder if they will still be here when he returns.
- Memphis Grizzlies – There is a lot of work to be done to catch the Suns, and while it may not happen, the Grizzlies are plugging away, going 8-2 in their last 10 games. That was good enough to move them up a spot.
- Golden State Warriors – When one team rises, another must fall. This week, it is the Warriors dropping down a spot after losing 2 in a row prior to the break. They will be looking to rebound again when play returns this week.
- Miami Heat – It would be a brave person who would predict what is going to happen in the Eastern Conference. For now, it is the Heat who are on top, which is good enough to keep them at the #4 spot this week.
- Chicago Bulls – The Bulls are back in the top 5 and look like a team ready to move up even higher. The break may have come at the wrong time for a Bulls team on a 5-game winning streak. Can they maintain that after the break?
- Indiana Pacers – It has been a rough stretch of form for the Pacers, who have just 2 wins in their last 10 games. That said, they did pick up a win right before the break, so perhaps they can build on that and move on up.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder stay in the same spot they were in last week, closing out their first half with another loss. They are 4-6 in their last 10 games, so perhaps a sign that they can still string some wins together.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons are beginning to see the benefits of having Cade Cunningham in their lineup, which included a solid showing in a surprise win over the Boston Celtics. That helped the Pistons move up 2 spots this week.
- Houston Rockets – There are a couple of teams with fewer wins this season than the Rockets, but neither of them is on as poor a run as Houston. They went into the break on a 7-game losing skid that shows no signs of ending.
- Orlando Magic – With the worst record in the league, there is nowhere else you could expect the Magic to be than at the bottom of the NBA Power Rankings. They have lost in a row and need help all over the court.
NBA Betting Center
Latest NBA News:
- Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds to Win
- Not All About Football, Get Your Updated Odds for the NBA Championship
- NBA Trade Rumors: Draymond Green declined $27.6 million player option to become free agent
- NBA Trade Rumors: Suns in the run for Next Season with Durant, Booker and Bradley Beal
- NBA Trade Rumors: Pelicans looking for an interchange between Scoot Henderson and Zion Williamson