Two teams who solidified their NCAA Tournament berths with big conference tournament runs will square off in the “Big Dance” on Thursday in Des Moines, Iowa, as the 10th-seeded Penn State Nittany Lions will take on the 7th-seeded Texas A&M Aggies in the Midwest Bracket. Penn State lost in the Big 10 championship game to Purdue, while Texas A&M was defeated by the overall #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament, the Alabama Crimson Tide.
We will now preview each of the two teams, and then we’ll give you our betting predictions for this Round of 64 contest. Keep reading for college basketball lines, analysis, and a free pick for Penn State vs. Texas A&M.
2023 March Madness Round of 64 Game
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview
Penn State of Big Ten meets Texas A&M of SEC in NCAA Tourney First Round
ATS Odds: Texas A&M -3
Moneyline Odds: Penn State +130 / Texas A&M -161
Over/Under Odds: 134.5 -110
When: Thursday, March 16 at 9:55 pm ET
Where: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA
TV / Streaming: TBS
Why Bet on #10 Penn State against #7 Texas A&M?
Prior to the Big 10 Tournament, many experts looked at Penn State as a “bubble” team. They had finished in the lower half of the Big 10 standings during the regular season, but had come on strong late in the season. After their Big 10 Tournament run where they defeated Illinois, Northwestern, and Indiana, while taking Purdue to the brink in the title game, the tournament committee deemed Penn State a tournament-worthy team.
Led by one of the best guards in the country in Jalen Pickett, the Lions are ready to make a run. They have surrounded Pickett with a group of sharp shooters, so his penetration and kick style of play will give his opposing teams fits. Head Coach Micah Shrewsberry has done a great job of rebuilding the Penn State program, and his name always seems to come up when bigger jobs open.
The Penn State Nittany Lions live and die by the three-pointer, so they have the potential to win this one by 20, or lose it by 20. They have three players that shoot greater than 40% from beyond the arc, so this will be a big concern for Texas A&M.
Why Bet on #7 Texas A&M against #10 Penn State?
Prior to the new year, Texas A&M looked like a team headed for a berth in the NIT . After the start of 2023, the Aggies have been one of the best teams in the country, losing just three regular season games after January 1st.
The Texas A&M Aggies now have a chance to continue on their journey, as they take on Penn State. Buzz Williams has his team playing hard-nosed basketball. They are very physical on the defensive end of the floor, and they run a lot of set plays on the offensive end. The key to A&M winning will be their ability to slow down Pickett and control Penn State’s perimeter shooting.
Unfortunately for Texas A&M, they’re ranked 82nd in the nation in stopping the three-pointer. Williams will have to find a way to get his defense to do better at stopping the shots beyond the arc.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Texas A&M Aggies Final Betting Prediction
When this game opened, Texas A&M was favored by 3.5 points. Since then, there has been a lot of Penn State love, and the line is now A&M -2.5. We’re going to give some love to Penn State as well. We think their style of play will give the Aggies issues, and they will win this game outright.
March Madness Round of 64 Pick: Texas A&M win game outright | Bet Penn State vs. Texas A&M Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
Penn State vs. Texas A&M Betting Trends
- Texas A&M is 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall in its past 10 games
- Three of Texas A&M’s past 10 outings have gone over the total
- Texas A&M and its opponents have combined to score an average of 139.5 points over its last 10 games, five more than the 134.5 over/under in this matchup
- In its past 10 games, Texas A&M is putting up 4.4 fewer points per game than its season-long scoring average
- Penn State is 7-2-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall over its last 10 games
- Six of the Nittany Lions’ past 10 outings have gone over the total
- Penn State’s average total over the last 10 games is 1.6 points greater than the 134.5 over/under listed for this matchup
- In their last 10 games, the Nittany Lions’ per-game scoring average is 72.1, 0.2 points lower than their season-long per-game average
Penn State v Texas A&M NCAA Men’s Basketball November 21, 2017
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Basketball Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
2023 March Madness Sweet 16 Schedule
Men's College Basketball Playoffs Betting Predictions and Analysis:
Friday, March 24 | Sweet 16
|No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 5 San Diego State||6:30 p.m.||TBS|
|No. 1 Houston vs. No. 5 Miami||7:15 p.m.||CBS|
|No. 6 Creighton vs. No. 15 Princeton||9 p.m.||TBS|
|No. 2 Texas vs. No. 3 Xavier||9:45 p.m.||CBS|
2023 March Madness Sweet 16 Betting Tips
Men's College Basketball Playoffs Betting Predections and Analysis:
March Madness Against The Spread Picks & Lines for Sweet 16 Game
March Madness Odds & Predictions for Sweet 16 Betting Games
March Madness Parlay Picks & Lines for Sweet 16 Betting Games
March Madness Odds Updated for 2023 National Championship
NCAAM Sweet 16 Underdogs: Dark Horses to Survive and Advance
College Basketball Betting Center
NCAAB Odds and Lines
|March Madness Odds|
|NIT | CIT | CBI|
Latest College Basketball News:
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: FAU Owls Vs Kansas State Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas