Solo first place in the AFC South is on the line in the Thursday night game to kick off Week 12 as the 6-4 Indianapolis Colts visit the 6-4 Houston Texans. More likely than not, the winner of this game will win the South, and Houston is just over a field-goal NFL betting favorite at Mybookie.
How to Bet Colts vs Texans NFL Week 12 Betting Lines & Game Info
- When: Thursday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: NRG Stadium
- TV: Fox/NFL Network
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 12 Betting Lines: Houston Texans -3.5 (Total 45.5)
Broncos vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 12 Spread & Game Info
Colts vs Texans First Meeting
In Week 7, the Colts beat the Texans 30-23. Jacoby Brissett threw 326 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. He finished 26 of 39 with six of the incompletions being throwaways. Brissett had a career best passing total, a career best passer rating (126.7) and endured only one sack.
The Colts have won the past three in the series. Houston’s Deshaun Watson was 23 of 34 with 308 yards, one touchdown and was sacked three times. Watson made it 28-23 with a 4-yard TD pass to DeAndre Hopkins, but the Texans couldn’t get any closer.
Why Bet on Indianapolis?
The Colts snapped a two-game losing streak with a 33-13 home win over Jacksonville on Sunday. Jacoby Brissett returned after missing a game due to injury and completed 15-of-24 passes for 148 yards with a touchdown and an interception, Brissett also had a rushing touchdown on a goal-line scramble.
Jonathan Williams rushed 13 times for 116 yard and caught one pass for 31 yards. Williams was only active with Jordan Wilkins sidelined. He ended up taking over as the Colts’ early down back after Marlon Mack left with a hand injury. Mack had 109 yards and a score before leaving. Mack ended up fracturing his hand and had surgery Monday. He’s out indefinitely but it’s not thought to be season-ending. Mack leads the Colts with 862 yards rushing and seven rushing touchdowns.
Williams and Jordan Wilkins, who missed Sunday’s game against the Jaguars, will split Mack’s carries until Mack returns, coach Frank Reich said. Nyheim Hines will be the third-down back. Still not a sure thing Wilkins will return in this game.
Will the Colts have top WR TY Hilton? He hasn’t played since late October due to injury but might make it back. Reich said Hilton (calf) is making “great progress” ahead of their Week 12 matchup. Hilton has 933 receiving yards (133.3 per game) and seven touchdown receptions in seven career games at Houston and aims for his third consecutive game at NRG Stadium with at least 175 receiving yards. Brissett is 4-0 with eight touchdowns (seven passing, one rushing) and zero interceptions for a 107.2 passer rating in his career against the Texans.
Safety Khari Willis has been ruled out for Thursday’s game at Houston due to a concussion.
- Points per Game: 22.70
- Passing Yards: 202.70
- Rushing Yards: 141.10
- Yards per Play: 5.24
- Points per Game: 20.60
- Passing Yards: 228.80
- Rushing Yards: 96.70
- Yards per Play: 5.47
Why Bet on Houston?
The Texans were destroyed 41-7 at red-hot Baltimore on Sunday. Deshaun Watson completed 18-of-29 passes for 169 yards, zero touchdowns and an interception, also losing a fumble. Watson added just three rushes for 12 yards. It was one of the worst starts of his pro career, as well as the first where the Texans lost by two-or-more scores.
Under siege, Watson took six sacks for 49 yards, and nearly got seriously injured in the process. Watson appeared to suffer a bad ankle sprain late in the first half but stayed in the game.
DeAndre Hopkins caught 7-of-12 targets for 80 yards in the loss. Hopkins has now posted at least 11 targets in five straight games. Despite all the targets, Hopkins has averaged just 80 yards over the past five weeks, clearing 100 twice.
Texans coach Bill O’Brien called Will Fuller (hamstring) a game-time decision for Thursday. O’Brien said cornerback Bradley Roby’s availability will also go down to the wire. Both are battling hamstring injuries. Texans cornerback Lonnie Johnson was forced from Houston’s Week 11 loss to the Ravens with a foot injury.
Watson has 705 passing yards (352.5 per game) with eight touchdowns and zero interceptions for a 143.6 passer rating in his past two home starts. In six career primetime starts, the third-year quarterback has 16 touchdown passes and two interceptions for a 121.0 passer rating.
In his past four matchups against Indianapolis, Hopkins has 397 receiving yards (99.3 per game) and four touchdown receptions. Houston tight end Darren Fells has a career-high six receiving touchdowns in 2019 – tied for the league lead among tight ends – and will look for his third consecutive game with two receiving touchdowns at NRG Stadium.
- Points per Game: 24.50
- Passing Yards: 239.50
- Rushing Yards: 140.70
- Yards per Play: 5.90
- Points per Game: 23.20
- Passing Yards: 272.40
- Rushing Yards: 102.00
- Yards per Play: 6.02
Giants vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 12 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
Colts vs Texans NFL Week 12 Betting Trends
- Road team is 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 meetings
- Under is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings
- Colts are 13-6 SU in their last 19 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- Colts are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC South division
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Indianapolis’ last 11 games played in November
- Texans are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played in November
- Texans are 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when playing at home against Indianapolis
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Houston’s last 8 games at home
Expert Final Score Prediction for Colts vs Texans
Indianapolis Colts 20 – Houston Texans 23
More Week 12 NFL Betting News
- Patriots vs Jets NFL Week 12 Lines & Game Preview
- Raiders vs Ravens NFL Week 12 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Packers vs Vikings NFL Week 12 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- Steelers vs Broncos NFL Week 12 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Chargers NFL Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Giants vs Eagles NFL Week 12 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Colts NFL Week 12 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet 49ers vs Buccaneers NFL Week 12 Spread
- Jaguars vs Bills NFL Week 12 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Browns vs Bengals NFL Week 12 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Falcons vs Saints NFL Week 12 Thanksgiving Odds & Preview
- Redskins vs Cowboys NFL Week 12 Thanksgiving Lines
- How to Bet Bears vs Lions NFL Week 12 Spread & Pick
- 2018 NFL Week 12 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
Even More Colts vs Texans Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Week 5 Parlay Picks & Lines for the Top Games of the Week
- Colts 20 vs Texans 20 Result NFL Week 1 Score
- NFL: Indianapolis vs Houston | Odds, Tips & Betting Trends
- 2022 NFL AFC South Betting Update: Odds Favorites, Possible Upsets, and Surprises for the Season
- NFL AFC South Team Totals Betting Predictions: O/U Picks for the 2022 Season
- NFL Week 16 Betting Tips for the Top Matches of the Week
- NFL Week 15 Betting Tips for the Top Matches of the Week
- Colts 31 vs Texans 0 Result NFL Week 13 Score
- NFL 2021 Season: Colts vs Texans Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Week 13 SU Betting Analysis & Picks
- Texans 3 vs Colts 31 Result NFL Week 6 Score
- NFL 2021 Season: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season Week 6 SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- NFL AFC South Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season