It’s an AFC East matchup that’s so bad it’s must-see TV on Sunday when the one-win New York Jets visit the winless Miami Dolphins – could be the Fins’ last best chance to NOT go 0-16 this season and for once they aren’t huge NFL betting underdogs.
How to Bet Jets at Dolphins NFL Odds & TV Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 9 Betting Lines: NY Jets -3 (Total 40)
Jets vs Dolphins Last Season
Miami won both meetings last year. The one in south Florida was 13-6. Miami linebacker Jerome Baker scored the game’s only TD on a 25-yard interception return with 11 minutes left. Jets QB Sam Darnold threw four interceptions and took four sacks, and the Jets went 2 for 15 on third and fourth down. T.J. McDonald and Walt Aikens made interceptions to end the Jets’ final two possessions.
Then-Miami coach Adam Gase improved to 5-1 against the Jets in his career. Gase is now the head coach of the Jets.
Why Bet on NY Jets?
New York lost 29-15 in Jacksonville last week to drop to 1-6. Sam Darnold completed 21-of-30 passes for 218 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. Darnold also tweaked his non-throwing thumb but stayed in the game. The Jags sacked Darnold eight times and the second-year pro is now up to nine turnovers compared to just five touchdowns through four 2019 starts.
Coach Adam Gase said Darnold was sacked, hit or touched nine times in a 13-pass span at one point. Gase: “That’s going to change how the quarterback plays. We have to do a better job of protecting him. He has to do a better job of protecting himself. I have to do a better job of calling plays.” Gase said he’d like to call more moving-pocket plays to help with protection and get Darnold in his comfort zone.
Robby Anderson caught 4-of-6 targets for 43 yards in the Jets’ Week 8 loss. Anderson could have had a much bigger day, but had a nice gain called back by his own offensive pass interference. Later, he lost a potential 92-yard touchdown when CB Tre Herndon wisely committed DPI. Le’Veon Bell rushed nine times for 23 yards in the Jets’ Week 8 loss to the Jaguars, adding three receptions for 12 additional yards. He ahs been a bust so far.
The Jets have lost one of their best defensive players in linebacker and free-agent addition CJ Mosley for 5-6 weeks due to a groin injury. Mosley, who suffered the injury in the season-opening loss to the Buffalo Bills, opted for no surgery at this time. Mosley’s injury was termed week-to-week, but he wound up missing four games. He returned for the Week 7 game against the New England Patriots, but he aggravated his groin and was pulled in the fourth quarter. He got an $85 million contract this offseason but has played only six quarters as a Jet.
The Jets made one trade this week, sending former No. 6 overall pick and defensive lineman Leonard Williams to the Giants for a third-round pick in 2020 and a fifth-rounder in 2021. The Jets are paying $4 million of the $6 million remaining on Williams’ contract this year. Williams hasn’t missed a game in four-plus seasons, but he’s considered a disappointment because he hasn’t produced as a pass-rusher. He has 17 career sacks, including only two in the past 18 games.
- Points per Game: 11.14
- Passing Yards: 145.71
- Rushing Yards: 63.86
- Yards per Play: 3.79
- Points per Game: 26.43
- Passing Yards: 262.43
- Rushing Yards: 94.86
- Yards per Play: 5.23
Why Bet on Miami?
The Dolphins actually led 14-0 in Pittsburgh on Monday but then of course didn’t score again and lost 27-14 to fall to 0-7. The Dolphins held a four-point halftime lead, only to be outscored by 17 in the second half. Their second-half point differential is minus-110 through seven games this season, second-worst in NFL history behind that of the 1966 Broncos (minus-114).
Ryan Fitzpatrick passed for 190 yards with two touchdowns and two picks. But a rare hot start couldn’t prevent Miami from staying winless through seven games for the first time since 2011. The Dolphins have dropped 10 straight dating to last season. Fitzpatrick tossed first-quarter touchdowns to Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns.
Mark Walton rushed 11 times for 35 yards Monday and had three catches for 19 yards on six targets but also lost a horrible fumble in Pittsburgh territory when he had the ball poked out from behind.
However, the Fins have lost arguably their best defensive player as the team on Tuesday placed cornerback Xavien Howard on injured reserve with a knee injury. Returning from a knee issue Monday evening, Howard suffered a new one. He was on the field for just 47-of-74 plays. Howard, 26, had an interception Monday and got his hands on a couple more of Pittsburgh quarterback Mason Rudolph’s throws. Howard just signed an extension through 2023 last spring but has a history of knee injuries, including surgery to repair his meniscus last December that cost him the final four games of the season.
On Tuesday, the Fins were awarded cornerback Xavier Crawford off waivers from Houston and released tight end Nick O’Leary. Crawford was a first-team All-Mid-American Conference selection as a senior at Central Michigan in 2018.
- Points per Game: 10.50
- Passing Yards: 192.00
- Rushing Yards: 66.67
- Yards per Play: 4.34
- Points per Game: 35.17
- Passing Yards: 256.50
- Rushing Yards: 161.17
- Yards per Play: 6.61
Jets vs Dolphins NFL Week 9 Betting Trends
- Favorite is 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Jets are 1-9 SU in their last 10 games on the road
- Jets are 14-5-1 ATS in their last 20 games when playing on the road against Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of NY Jets’ last 17 games against an opponent in the AFC East division
- Dolphins are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games this season
- Dolphins are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Miami’s last 12 games played in November
Expert Final Score Prediction for Jets vs Dolphins
NY Jets 17 – Miami Dolphins 20
More Week 9 NFL Betting News
- NFL Picks Week Nine (Ep. 747)
- Cowboys vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- 49ers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Lions vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Preview
- Buccaneers vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Titans vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 9 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Jets vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Game Analysis
- Colts vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Texans vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines, Game Info & Analysis
- Bears vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 9 Betting Lines & Preview
- Vikings vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- 2019 NFL Week 9 Over/Under Betting Picks
Even More Jets vs Dolphins Archived Betting Articles
- Miami Dolphins at New York Lines for Week 5 of the 2022 NFL Season
- 2022 NFL Against the Spread Betting Picks for Top Games of Week 3
- 2022 NFL AFC East Odds Analysis: Bills Top Betting Pick, Dolphins, and Patriots Great Contenders
- NFL AFC East Team Totals Betting Predictions: O/U Picks for the 2022 Season
- NFL Week 16 Sharp Betting Picks Worth A Shot
- Jets 24 vs Dolphins 31 Result NFL Week 15 Score
- NFL 2021 Season: New York Jets at Miami Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Week 15 Against the Spread Betting Analysis & Picks
- Dolphins 24 vs Jets 17 Result NFL Week 11 Score
- NFL 2021: Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets | Game Preview and Betting Odds
- NFL 2021 Week 11 SU Betting Analysis & Picks
- NFL 2021 Season: Week 8 Betting Predictions – Sure Losers
- 2021 NFL London Games Betting Preview: American Football at UK
- NFL AFC East Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season