The bronze medal match happens on Thursday at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games when Australia takes on the United States. Team USA failed to get past rival Canada in their last match while Australia fell to Sweden. Which team will grab a medal and step to the podium during the ceremony? Check out Olympics Betting odds, analysis, and a free pick for USA versus Australia.
2020 Tokyo Olympics Betting – Women’s Soccer Bronze Medal Match
Australia vs USA Betting Odds and Match Info
- When: Thursday, Aug. 5 at 4:00 am ET
- Where: Nissan Stadium, Yokohama, Japan
- Handicap Odds: USA -½ (-149) / Australia +½ (+107)
- Moneyline Odds: USA -138 / Australia +340 / Draw +280
- Over/Under: O 2 ½ (-138) / U 2 ½ (+100)
Why bet on Australia versus USA
Although they lost in the semifinals, Australia played Sweden tough. The Aussies yielded a single goal, in the 46th minute, and had a chance to win. But Sweden, which has played like the best team in the tournament since their first match, held on for the victory. Australia forced a 0-0 draw with the U.S. earlier in the tournament. USA won’t intimidate Australia on Thursday.
Australia Last 5
- L – 0-1 vs. Sweden
- W – 3-4 vs. Great Britain
- D – 0-0 vs. United States
- L – 4-2 vs. Sweden
- W – 2-1 vs. New Zealand
Australia Predicted Starting Lineup
- van Egmond
Why bet on USA versus Australia
Although the favored U.S. side couldn’t get past the Canadians in the semifinals, signs point to the United States stepping it up in the bronze medal match. Coach Vlatko Andonovski said the American women will do “whatever it takes” to grab a medal during the games. Yes, the U.S. side is disappointed they won’t be the first team to win the World Cup and an Olympic gold medal back-to-back. But USA still has some talent and should be motivated to at least grab bronze.
USA Last 5
- L – 0-1 vs. Canada
- W – 2-2 vs. Netherlands
- D – 0-0 vs. Australia
- W – 1-6 vs. New Zealand
- L – 3-0 vs. Sweden
USA Predicted Starting Lineup
Australia vs USA Final Betting Analysis
Say what you want about the United State’s talent. The truth is that Team USA doesn’t have it. They didn’t have it in the 0-3 beat down from Sweden to start the tournament.
They didn’t have it in the 2-2 penalty kick shootout victory over the Netherlands in the quarterfinals. Canada exposed the United States for what it is, a group of older soccer players who can’t keep up with younger, more skilled, teams.
Even if the United States wants to win bronze, they’re going to have a tough time pulling it off. Australia played the much better team in the semis, Sweden, and only lost by a goal.
Not only that, but let’s be honest. The U.S. Women’s Soccer squad hasn’t had their head in the game since landing in Japan. They seem more worried about kneeling for America’s National Anthem then beating their opponents on the pitch.
The U.S. players are slow, tired, and don’t seem to have nearly the heart their head coach does. It’s tough to motivate yourself when you’re embarrassed of wearing your nation’s colors. Australia wins.
Soccer Pick: Australia
Olympics Betting News
- Updated 2022 Winter Olympics Betting Analysis for Friday Events and Thursday Recap
- Updated 2022 Winter Olympics Betting Analysis for Thursday Events and Wednesday Recap
- Updated 2022 Winter Olympics Betting Analysis for Wednesday Events and Tuesday Recap
- Updated 2022 Winter Olympics Betting Analysis for Tuesday Events and Monday Recap
- Updated 2022 Winter Olympics Betting Analysis for Monday Events and Weekend Recap