Kellen Mond and the 20th-ranked Texas A&M Aggies will look to rebound from their humbling loss last weekend when they host Kyle Trask and the unbeaten, third-ranked Florida Gators in their Week 6 SEC showdown on Saturday. With Texas A&M in need of a win and Florida looking to take another step toward CFP contention, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their college football betting odds.
No. 3 Florida (2-0) at No. 20 Texas A&M (1-1) | NCAA Football Betting
When: Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET
Where: Kyle Field
Total: 58 | Bet on the Game Now!
Why Bet on No. 3 Florida?
After blowing out Mississippi 51-35 on the road in their opener, Florida took care of business at home to get past South Carolina 38-24 on Saturday as senior quarterback Kyle Trask and junior tight end Kyle Pitts hooked up for two touchdowns to bring their season total to six scores. Trask finished with 268 passing yards with four touchdowns and one interception while Pitts caught four passes for 57 yards and the two aforementioned touchdowns. Wide receiver Kadarius Toney had six receptions for a team-high 86 yards and one score.
Now, heading into their third game this season, Trask has thrown for 684 yards with 10 touchdowns with one interception while Trask has caught 12 passes for 227 yards and six touchdowns. Florida is ranked fourth nationally in scoring (44.5 ppg).
"(Pitts) is so unique. … He’s a tight end, but he’s a wideout because he can block and has such vertical skills and can make contested catches," Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher said. "And Trask is one of the best of the quarterbacks throwing to covered guys and throwing them open."
- Gators are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.
- Gators are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 conference games.
- Gators are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Gators are 31-12 ATS in their last 43 games as a road favorite.
- Gators are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after scoring more than 40 points in their previous game.
Why Bet on No. 20 Texas A&M
Senior quarterback Kellen Mond threw for 318 yards and three touchdowns but had an interception returned 47 yards for a pick-six. The Aggies defense also gave up four TD passes to Alabama quarterback Mac Jones in the loss. In two games Mond has thrown for 507 yards with four touchdowns and one interception while completing an uninspiring 58.3 percent of his passes.
"They’re very talented with a veteran quarterback and really good skill players offensively that can make plays in both the passing and run game," Mullen said.
- Aggies are 9-19 ATS in their last 28 games following a ATS loss.
- Aggies are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog.
- Aggies are 8-21 ATS in their last 29 games following a straight up loss.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Texas A&M might be 1-1 on the season, but really, the Aggies should be 0-2 as they looked completely awful in their narrow Week 1 win over Vanderbilt. With that said, it’s clear to me that Texas A&M has some problems on both sides of the ball while Florida is a far more complete team and has the better quarterback in this affair.
Florida’s offense – and Trask in particular – have looked great this season while Kellen Mond has struggled at times despite solid touchdown and interception numbers. Not only that, but the Gators have gone 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
Conversely, the Aggies are a discouraging 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games, 1-5 ATS in their last six games against a team with a winning record and 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall. I like Kyle Trask to outplay Kellen Mond in this SEC battle despite being on the road and I think the Gators Gators have just enough of an edge on both sides of the ball to help the Gators improve on their 13-6 ATS mark in their last 19 games following a straight up win.
Expert College Football Prediction
Florida 42 Texas A&M 35
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds
|Heisman Trophy Odds
|Make the Playoffs
|National Championship Odds
- Forget the College Football Odds; Which Team is Really Going to the National Championship?
- 2024 Washington vs Michigan Odds and Pick for CFP College Football National Championship
- 2024 College Football National Championship Underdog Betting Analysis: Washington Odds
- 2024 National Championship ATS Betting Pick
- 2024 College Football National Championship Favorite Betting Analysis: Michigan Odds