NBA Nuggets vs Raptors on Friday, August 14
Because the NBA Playoffs start next week, games like Nuggets-Raptors on the final day of the Orlando bubble regular season don’t mean as much as they would. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t handicap or choose a winner against the spread, right?
Check out basketball analysis and a take advantage of free NBA pick from MyBookie for Nuggets versus Raptors!
Denver Nuggets vs Toronto Raptors
- When: Friday, August 14 at 1:30 pm ET
- Where: Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL
- ATS Odds: Raptors -2 ½ | Check the Odds
Why Bet on the Denver Nuggets to cover +2 ½
The Nuggets’ starters should get decent work in this one. Round 1 doesn’t begin until next Tuesday, which means Denver will want to give their starters enough competition time to stay sharp. That may be enough for the Nuggets, who have talented Nikola Jokic on their team, to cover the 2 ½.
Denver Nuggets Expected Starting Five
- F – Michael Porter Jr.
- F – Paul Millsap
- C – Nikola Jokic
- G – Torrey Craig
- G – Jamal Murray
Why bet on Toronto Raptors to cover -2 ½
Toronto hasn’t played since August 12. The Raptors won’t play again until August 18. That’s too many days off for Nick Nurse. Last year’s winning NBA Title coach wants to ensure the league’s best defensive team stays sharp. How can Nurse do that? Grab a win in the final regular season game of the year.
Toronto Raptors Expected Starting Five
- F – Normal Powell
- F – Pascal Siakam
- C – Marc Gasol
- G – Kyle Lowry
- G – Fred VanVleet
Nuggets vs Raptors Betting Trends
- Nuggets are 4-2 ATS in their last 6
- Denver is 9-0 ATS in their last 9 versus Toronto
- Over is 5-0 in Denver’s last 5
- Nuggets are 4-2 SU in their last 6 versus an Eastern Conference opponent
- Toronto is 6-2 ATS in their last 8
- Raptors are 9-1 SU in their last 10
- Under is 6-of-8 in Toronto’s last 8 games
- Over is 10-of-15 in Toronto’s last 15 against Denver
Nuggets vs Raptors
Final Betting Analysis
Both teams have an incentive to play their starters for most of this one. The NBA runs 7-game series in the first round of their playoffs.
That allows some teams to rest starters before the start of the playoffs. But, for most teams, 4-days is too long of a wait. Both these teams will give their starters a decent run in this game. Expect Jokic and Siakam to play more than 20 minutes.
That’s long enough for either squad to get a win against the spread. The real key? Denver’s defense hasn’t played tight enough to stick with a team like the Raptors. The Nuggets allow 109.1 points per.
Opponents shoot 46.2% from the field against them. That should allow the Raptors, no matter who they play, to get at least a 3 point lead. Toronto figures to maintain that 3 point lead for the win and cover.
NBA Free Pick:
Raptors -2 ½ | Bet on the Game Now!
NBA Betting News
Basketball Odds | NBA Betting
- NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Boston vs Miami Bettng & Odds
- 2022 NBA Finals Betting Predictions for Possible Championship Matchups
- NBA Playoffs 2022: Boston vs Milwaukee, Odds Game 6 Preview & Predictions
- NBA Playoffs: Memphis vs Golden State Prediction & Best Bets For Game 6
- 2022 NBA Championship Betting Predictions of the Possible Finals Matchups to Look For