We’d like to say something positive about the Week 4 Monday night game, but it features two winless teams in the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers – there won’t be a worse MNF matchup this year. But, you can still make some money off it with the Steelers as home favorites on the NFL odds.
How to Bet Bengals vs Steelers NFL Week 4 Spread & Game Info
- When: Monday, 8:15 PM ET
- Where: Heinz Field
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 4 Spread: Pittsburgh Steelers -3.5 (Total 44)
In Week 17 last year, the Bengals lost 16-13 at Pittsburgh. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 287 yards and a touchdown despite missing injured star receiver Antonio Brown. Matt McCrane booted three field goals, the last a 35-yarder with 1:56 to go that put the Steelers ahead to stay.
Pittsburgh held on when Cincinnati backup quarterback Jeff Driskel’s fourth-down pass intended for Josh Malone fell incomplete with 1:08 to go. It was the last game as Bengals coach for Marvin Lewis.
Pittsburgh has won the past eight in the series. Monday’s game will be the 100th meeting (including playoffs) between the Bengals and Steelers.
- Partly Cloudy: 18°C/65°F
- Humidity: 82%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover: 27%
- Wind: 4 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Cincinnati?
The Bengals almost pulled off their second road win in as many games but couldn’t put together two solid drives to withstand the Bills last Sunday, losing 21-17 to fall to 0-3. First-year coach Zac Taylor is working to fortify the self-belief of a team that has lost 10 of its past 11 games.
“We know that it’s errors that we’re bringing upon ourselves,” Taylor said. “Once we can fix that and just catch our break eventually, we’re going to be in good shape.”
Andy Dalton completed 20-of-36 passes for 249 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in the loss to the Bills. Dalton also scored on a one-yard QB sneak. The Bengals were shut out in the first half, but Dalton had them in position to win late and nearly led a fourth-quarter comeback. Dalton has at least two touchdowns in every game this season and is second in the NFL in passing yards. Joe Mixon rushed 15 times for 61 yards and caught two passes for 34 yards and a touchdown in Week 3.
Cincinnati remains without No. 1 WR AJ Green, and Taylor said he doesn’t want to make a timeline on Green’s return. Taylor confirmed that Green won’t suit up for the Bengals’ Monday night matchup against the Steelers in Week 4. He’s also not expected to practice this week.
A win over Pittsburgh would be Cincinnati’s first against the Steelers since a 16-10 victory at Heinz Field in 2015. But it also would significantly boost the Bengals’ playoff hopes. Over the last 10 seasons (2009-18), nine of the 75 teams (12 percent) to start 1-3 have gone on to make the playoffs. None of the 28 teams that started 0-4, however, qualified for the postseason.
- Points per Game: 18.50
- Passing Yards: 343.00
- Rushing Yards: 29.50
- Yards per Play: 5.52
- Points per Game: 31.00
- Passing Yards: 237.00
- Rushing Yards: 165.50
- Yards per Play: 6.88
Why Bet on Pittsburgh?
The Steelers were 24-20 losers at San Francisco last week to fall to 0-3 – the team has never made the playoffs after losing its first three games. Mason Rudolph completed 14-of-27 passes for 174 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in his first NFL start. Rudolph’s stat line was aided by a 76-yard touchdown to JuJu Smith-Schuster, who did most of the work by running down the sideline to find the end zone. James Conner rushed 13 times for 43 yards and caught 4-of-5 targets for 14 yards.
The Steelers went 0-for-2 converting third downs on their two post-turnover possessions in the first quarter on the way to a 3-for-12 effort (25 percent) on third downs. That continued an early-season trend that saw the Steelers convert 25 percent of their third-down opportunities on Sept. 8 at New England (3-for-12) and 27 percent on Sept. 15 against Seattle (3-for-11).
Coach Mike Tomlin is “optimistic” tight end Vance McDonald (shoulder) will play Week 4 against the Bengals. However, the team just traded for Seattle tight end Nick Vannett for a 2020 fifth-round pick.
Through three weeks, 11 of 32 NFL teams have rookies leading or tied for their team lead in passer rating, rushing yards, receiving yards, tackles or interceptions. That includes Pittsburgh, whose rookie linebacker Devin Bush not only leads the Steelers with 29 tackles; he also leads the league with three fumble recoveries.
Through three games the Steelers have allowed 418 yards rushing, an average of 139.3 yards per game. This is a defense that prides itself on first and foremost shutting down the run and making a team one dimensional. But it hasn’t happened so far. The Bengals are averaging just 42 yards rushing per game.
- Points per Game: 14.50
- Passing Yards: 228.00
- Rushing Yards: 56.50
- Yards per Play: 5.08
- Points per Game: 30.50
- Passing Yards: 320.00
- Rushing Yards: 125.50
- Yards per Play: 6.41
Bengals vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 4 Betting Trends
- Under is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Bengals are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC North division
- Bengals are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cincinnati’s last 8 games played in September
- Steelers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- Steelers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Monday
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Pittsburgh’s last 16 games at home
Expert Final Score Prediction for Bengals vs Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals 20 – Pittsburgh Steelers 27
More NFL Week 4 Betting News
- Bengals vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Monday Night Pick
- Cowboys vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- Jaguars vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Seahawks vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Game Preview & Analysis
- Vikings vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Game Analysis
- Titans vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Preview & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Preview and Expert Pick
- Patriots vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread, Game Info and Betting Prediction
- Browns vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Analysis and Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 4 Parlay Betting Picks
- Panthers vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview and Pick
- 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
Even More Bengals vs Steelers Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL 2021 Regular Season Week 3 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 1 Betting Predictions: Underdog Teams to Wager On
- NFL Betting Picks for the 2021 AFC North Division
- NFL AFC North Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season
- Steelers 17 vs Bengals 27 Result NFL Week 15 Monday Night Football Score
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals on Monday Night Football: Early Spread and Betting Trends December 21, 2020
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals on Monday Night Football: Odds and Computer Picks for Week 15
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Monday Night Football Line and Betting Trends for Week 15
- Bengals 10 vs Steelers 36 Result NFL Week 10 Score
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Odds and Computer Picks November 15, 2020
- AFC North News & Odds: Can Browns Survive Without Nick Chubb?