Two playoff teams last season with postseason aspirations this season, throw down in the first NFL Sunday Night game of the season. The Chicago Bears wills start Andy Dalton even though rookie quarterback Justin Fields played lights out during the preseason. Will starting Dalton affect Chicago’s chances of scoring points versus last season’s top defense? The Rams also break in a new quarterback in former Detroit Lion Matthew Stafford. How will Stafford play in his first game as a Ram? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Bears at Rams.
NFL Betting Preview for Chicago Bears at Los Angeles
NFL Week 1: Bears vs Chargers Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, Sep. 12 at 8:20 pm ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA
- TV / Streaming: NBC / Peacock
- ATS Odds: LAR -7 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Chicago +295 / LAR -370
- Over/Under Odds: O 46 ½ (-110) / U 46 ½ (-110)
Why bet on Chicago versus LAR?
The Bears’ defense, like in most seasons, played great last season and should be solid this season. Not only that, but Andy Dalton is a move up from last year’s quarterback starter, Mitch Trubisky. Dalton is a 3-time Pro Bowler. He knows how to run an offense, doesn’t make mistakes, and will give the Bears a chance to keep this close.
Chicago Bears 2020 Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 331.4
- Passing Yards: 228.4
- Rushing Yards: 102.9
- Points Scored: 23.3
- Turnovers: 22
Chicago Bears 2020 Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 344.9
- Passing Yards: 231.6
- Rushing Yards: 113.4
- Points Scored: 23.1
- Takeaways: 17
Why bet on LAR versus Chicago?
Last season, the Rams sent the best defense in the NFL to the field. Los Angeles allowed opponents to average less than 19 points per game. Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey and the rest are bent on taking the Los Angeles Rams to the Super Bowl. Also, Stafford is a massive upgrade from Jared Goff. LAR looks ready.
Los Angeles Rams 2020 Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 377.0
- Passing Yards: 250.9
- Rushing Yards: 126.1
- Points Scored: 23.3
- Turnovers: 25
Los Angeles Rams 2020 Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 281.9
- Passing Yards: 190.7
- Rushing Yards: 91.3
- Points Scored: 18.5
- Takeaways: 22
Bears at Rams Relevant Trends
- Bears are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog
- Home team is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings
- Under is 15-7 in Bears last 22 games as an underdog
- Rams are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in Week 1
- LAR is 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games in September
- Under is 14-3 in the Rams last 17 home games
Chicago versus LAR Final Betting Prediction
Matthew Stafford may be a new quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams, but the Chicago defense knows him well. Stafford played against the Bears twice every season during his 12-years in Detroit.
Chicago, though, has a new defensive coordinator, which means Stafford’s experience versus the Bears’ defense may not mean much. More importantly, the Bears’ offense could have some success.
It depends on how Chicago left tackle Jason Peters performs. The former Philadelphia Eagle All-Pro is now 39-years-old. If he holds up, the Bears could move the football because the Rams lost 4 starters from last season’s defense, including top DE Michael Brockers.
Give Chicago a shot. The point spread is way too many on a team led by a veteran quarterback and with a very good defense. The Rams should win this game, but the most they may win by is a touchdown and extra point. So the ½ point is meaningful.
NFL Week 1 Pick: Chicago Bears
NFL Betting News
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis
- Seattle vs Pittsburgh NFL Betting Review | No Russell Wilson For Seahawks