Two teams with playoff inspirations throw down at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood when the Dallas Cowboys head to Hollywood to take on the Chargers. LAC won their first game of the season, getting past a tough WFT defense. Dallas almost pulled off the upset versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Cowboys at Chargers.
NFL Betting Preview for Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles
NFL Week 2: Dallas Cowboys vs Los Angeles Chargers Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Sep. 19 at 4:25 pm ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount+
- ATS Odds: Los Angeles Chargers -3 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Dallas +160 / Los Angeles Chargers -190
- Over/Under Odds: 55 ½
Why bet on Dallas versus Los Angeles Chargers?
It’s hard to say enough about how impressive the Cowboys looked in the close loss to Tampa. Dak Prescott threw for 403 yards and 3 TDs. Amari Cooper caught 13 passes, 2 went for touchdowns, for 139 yards. Even the defense played well, picking off Tom Brady twice and holding the Bucs to less than 4 yards per carry. If the same Dallas team that fought the Bucs shows up versus the Chargers, the Boys will have a shot to win this SU.
Dallas Cowboys Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 451.0
- Passing Yards: 391.0
- Rushing Yards: 60.0
- Points Scored: 29.0
- Turnovers: 1
Dallas Cowboys Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 431.0
- Passing Yards: 379.0
- Rushing Yards: 52.0
- Points Scored: 31.0
- Takeaways: 4
Why bet on Los Angeles Chargers versus Dallas?
In Week 1, the Chargers went into D.C. and beat one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Washington Football Team sends a top defensive line to the field. LAC quarterback Justin Herbert completed 31-of-47 for 331 yards. He also threw a TD. Herbert should have an easier time against the Dallas D than he did versus Washington’s. If Herbert has a good game, the Bolts should cover the spread.
Los Angeles Chargers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 424.0
- Passing Yards: 334.0
- Rushing Yards: 90.0
- Points Scored: 20.0
- Turnovers: 2
Los Angeles Chargers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 259.0
- Passing Yards: 133.0
- Rushing Yards: 126.0
- Points Scored: 16.0
- Takeaways: 1
Cowboys at Chargers Relevant Trends
- Cowboys are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in September
- Dallas is 3-8 ATS in their last 11 road games
- Over is 5-0 in the Cowboys last 5 games as an underdog
- Chargers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- LAC is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in September
- Under is 7-0 in the Chargers last 7 games in September
Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Chargers Final Betting Prediction
On paper, it looks as if the Cowboys should win this straight up, much less cover the spread. But games happen on fields, not on paper, which is why the Chargers are the pick.
Dallas will have trouble keep Herbert from throwing close to 400 yards. Not only that, but the Chargers defense could get to Dak.
La’ell Collins, Dallas’ starting right tackle, is suspended for 5 weeks. Without Collins, the offensive line could have a difficult time giving Prescott enough time to throw passes to Lamb and Cooper.
The Cowboys’ other starting wide receiver, Michael Gallup, is on IR. Losing Gallup is a big deal because he took pressure off Coopers and Lamb. Also, yes, Dallas played great versus Tampa Bay, but the loss had to have taken a toll.
Herbert will sling it all over the field. He’ll ensure the Chargers eclipse 30 points, which should be enough for Los Angeles to win and cover.
NFL Week 2 Pick: Los Angeles Chargers
NFL Betting News
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7