Two NFC South teams clash on Sunday when Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers host Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons. After week 1, it’s apparent that Brady and the Bucs believe they can pull off the Super Bowl repeat. Atlanta bombed big time in their first game. Will Ryan and the Falcons keep this close? Or will the Bucs blow past the massive 12 ½ points spread? Check out NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Falcons versus Buccaneers.
NFL Betting Preview for Atlanta Falcons vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFL Week 2: Atlanta at Tampa Bay Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Sep. 19 at 4:05 pm ET
- Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
- TV / Streaming: FOX
- ATS Odds: Tampa Bay -12 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Atlanta +510 / Tampa -720
- Over/Under Odds: 52
Why bet on Atlanta versus Tampa Bay?
There’s no other way to describe Atlanta’s performance versus the Philadelphia Eagles last Sunday. The Falcons played like the worst team in the NFL. But that’s just it. Most NFL teams play worse after big wins and play better after big losses. Atlanta suffered an embarrassing loss in their first game of the season. They have no choice but to play better in NFL Week 2.
Atlanta Falcons Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 260.0
- Passing Yards: 136.0
- Rushing Yards: 124.0
- Points Scored: 6.0
- Turnovers: 0
Atlanta Falcons Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 434.0
- Passing Yards: 261.0
- Rushing Yards: 173.0
- Points Scored: 32.0
- Takeaways: 0
Why bet on Tampa Bay versus Atlanta?
The Buccaneers struggled to beat the Dallas Cowboys in their first game. But that was the Cowboys. In week 2, they play against the Falcons. Tampa’s defense should have no trouble stopping an offense that had just 260 total yards last week. More importantly, Tom Brady will torch a defense that allowed Jalen Hurts and the Eagles to rack up 32 points.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 431.0
- Passing Yards: 379.0
- Rushing Yards: 52.0
- Points Scored: 31.0
- Turnovers: 4
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 451.0
- Passing Yards: 391.0
- Rushing Yards: 60.0
- Points Scored: 29.0
- Takeaways: 1
Falcons at Buccaneers Relevant Trends
- Falcons are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in September
- Home team is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 games
- Under is 4-1 in the Falcons last 5 road games as an underdog
- Buccaneers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following an ATS loss
- Tampa Bay is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games
- Over is 5-1 in Buccaneers last 6 games on grass
Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Final Betting Prediction
12 ½ seems like a lot of points and if these two teams were on the same planet it might be a lot. But the ATL and Tampa aren’t on the same planet. They may not be in the same galaxy.
Tampa Bay beat a Dallas Cowboys’ team with Dak Prescott at quarterback and a couple of awesome wide receivers in Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb. Calvin Ridley is good, but he’s not Amari Cooper good.
Not only that, but the Bucs are always on the same page. Bruce Arians and Tom Brady ensure it. Atlanta looked confused, unsure, and at times, scared. They looked that way against the Eagles and in their own stadium.
Unless Atlanta changes their perspective, and everyone gets together, they have no shot of keeping this close. The Bucs win and cover.
NFL Week 2 Pick: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFL Betting News
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Dallas Cowboys vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 6
- NFL Monday Night Football: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Raiders vs Broncos Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Arizona Cardinals at Cleveland Betting Analysis