A couple of NFL squads coming off wins in Week 3 battle it out on Sunday. The Carolina Panthers travel to Houston to take on the Texans. Which team will make it two in a row and which team will end up with the loss? Check out the NFL Week 4 odds, analysis, and a free pick for Panthers vs Texans!
Panthers vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview and Pick
- When: Sunday, Sep. 29 at 1:00pm ET
- Where: NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
- TV: FOX
- Live Stream: NFL Sunday Ticket
- ATS Odds: Texans -4 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 46 ½
- Scattered Thunderstorms: 30°C/86°F
- Humidity: 78%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 11 mph SE
- Cloud Cover: 51%
- Type of Stadium: Retractable
Why the Carolina Panthers are a good bet +4 ½?
After an 0-2 start, the Panthers really picked it up against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 3. Behind the arm of backup quarterback Kyle Allen, Carolina excelled. Allen threw for 261 yards and 4 TDs.
When Zona adjusted, the Panthers handed the ball off to Christian McCaffrey. McCaffrey rushed for 153 yards and a TD. In every way, Carolina dominated. They can take that momentum to Houston.
- Total Yards: 369.3
- Passing Yards: 256.3
- Rushing Yards: 113
- Points Scored: 26.3
- Total Yards: 295.3
- Passing Yards: 166.3
- Rushing Yards: 129
- Points Allowed: 23.3
Why the Houston Texans are a good bet -4 ½?
Houston was down 17-7 at halftime to the L.A. Chargers. Entering the third quarter, it sure appeared as if the Chargers had the game under control. Deshaun Watson rallied the troops, though, for a fantastic 27-20 victory.
Back at home, the Texans should have no trouble keeping the Panthers’ defense off-kilter. Watson has so many weapons that Carolina figures to be on their heels from the outset.
- Total Yards: 351
- Passing Yards: 236
- Rushing Yards: 115
- Points Scored: 22.7
- Total Yards: 385.7
- Passing Yards: 277.7
- Rushing Yards: 108
- Points Allowed: 20.7
NFL Week 4 Betting Trends for Carolina Panthers vs Houston Texans
- Panthers are 5-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Panthers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game
- Over is 10-2 in Panthers last 12 games after scoring 30 points or more in the previous game
- Texans are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games in Week 4
- Texans are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games versus a team with a losing road record
- Under is 5-0 in Texans last 5 home games
Carolina Panthers vs Houston Texans Final NFL Betting Analysis
Sometimes, everything comes into focus. If Cam Newton were playing for Carolina, this one might come into focus as well. Kyle Allen throws a wrench into the works. Allen was so effective against the Cardinals, that we must take that into account when handicapping this matchup.
The Panthers are just a calmer team with Allen at quarterback. He can make more of the NFL throws than Newton can. With Christian McCaffrey in the backfield, Carolina should make a push for the straight up win. The 4 ½ points will mean something in this matchup. Go Panthers.
NFL Free Pick: Carolina Panthers +4 ½