A couple of NFL Week 1 winners throw down when Jalen Hurts and the Philadelphia Eagles host Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers. Both teams’ offenses impressed in their first games of the season. Will the 49ers cover as a road dog? Or will Philadelphia continue to show why preseason naysayers were wrong? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for San Francisco against Philadelphia.
NFL Betting Preview for San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia
NFL Week 2: San Francisco 49ers vs Philadelphia Eagles Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, Sep. 19 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
- TV / Streaming: FOX
- ATS Odds: San Francisco -3 ½
- Moneyline Odds: San Francisco -130 / Philadelphia +160
- Over/Under Odds: 50
Why bet on San Francisco versus Philadelphia?
Versus the Lions in week 1, the 49ers’ offense clicked big time. Jimmy G. threw for 314 yards. The Niners rushed for 131. San Francisco scored 41 points versus an NFL team. If San Francisco brings the same balance on offense to Philly that they had against Detroit, SF could score close to 40 if not eclipse 40 again.
San Francisco 49ers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 442.0
- Passing Yards: 311.0
- Rushing Yards: 131.0
- Points Scored: 41.0
- Turnovers: 2
San Francisco 49ers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 430.0
- Passing Yards: 314.0
- Rushing Yards: 116.0
- Points Scored: 33.0
- Takeaways: 1
Why bet on Philadelphia versus San Francisco?
In NFL Week 1, the Eagles provided one of the most impressive performances imaginable. Jalen Hurts led an offense that scored 32 points. The defense shut down Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan, holding the Falcons to 260 total yards and only 6 points. Philadelphia looks like a complete team, good on both offense and defense. The Eagles will also have homefield advantage.
Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 434.0
- Passing Yards: 261.0
- Rushing Yards: 173.0
- Points Scored: 32.0
- Turnovers: 0
Philadelphia Eagles Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 260.0
- Passing Yards: 136.0
- Rushing Yards: 124.0
- Points Scored: 6.0
- Takeaways: 0
49ers at Eagles Relevant Trends
- 49ers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games
- San Francisco is 9-25-1 in their last 35 games as a favorite
- Over is 5-0-1 in the 49ers last 6 games as a road favorite
- Eagles are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following an ATS win
- Philadelphia is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games
- Under is 4-1 in Eagles last 5 games following an ATS win
San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles Final Betting Prediction
Trends say the Eagles cover. Even though Philadelphia is 1-6 against the spread in their last 7, the cover happened last Sunday. The 49ers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10.
But trends aren’t the lone reason to back the Eagles. Philadelphia quarterback Jalen Hurts rushed for 62 yards on 7 carries and threw for 264 yards and 3 TDs when completing 27-of-35.
Hurts ran the offense to perfection. Atlanta has a terrible defense, yes, but Hurts could have similar success versus San Francisco’s D. Javon Kinlaw and Dee Ford are listed as questionable. Jason Verrett, San Francisco’s starting cornerback, is out for the season.
On offense, The 49ers must play without Raheem Mostert who is out for the foreseeable future. SF had to work hard to beat Detroit last week while Philly rolled.
Expect the Eagles to provide another impressive performance. At home, not only should Philadelphia cover, but they should beat the 49ers on the moneyline.
NFL Week 2 Pick: Philadelphia Eagles moneyline
NFL Betting News
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7