In NFL Week 1, Houston won its first game of the season while the Browns failed to close the door on the Kansas City Chiefs. On Sunday, the surprising Texans head to Cleveland to battle the Browns a massive close to +13 underdog. Will Houston prove the oddsmakers wrong? Or will Cleveland dominate the road dog? Check out NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Texans at Browns.
NFL Betting Preview for Houston Texans at Cleveland
NFL Week 2: Houston Texans vs Cleveland Browns Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, Sep. 19 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount+
- ATS Odds: Cleveland -12 ½ (-115)
- Moneyline Odds: Houston +475 / Cleveland -650
- Over/Under Odds: 48
Why bet on Houston versus Cleveland
Heading into week 1, most believed the home underdog Texans would fall to Trevor Lawrence and the Jacksonville Jaguars. But the Texans had other ideas, rushing for 160 yards and throwing for 289 in a dominant performance. Houston’s offense is much better than many believed it would be. With 12 ½ points to work with, the Texans can score enough to win against the spread.
Houston Texans Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 449.0
- Passing Yards: 289.0
- Rushing Yards: 160.0
- Points Scored: 37.0
- Turnovers: 0
Houston Texans Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 395.0
- Passing Yards: 319.0
- Rushing Yards: 76.0
- Points Scored: 21.0
- Takeaways: 3
Why bet on Cleveland versus Houston?
In their first game, the Browns held a lead over the Kansas City Chiefs well into the second half. Eventually, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs overtook the Browns. But Cleveland proved they could hang in the 4-point loss. Cleveland has both a good defense and a good offense. On their field, Baker and his mates should excel.
Cleveland Browns Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 457.0
- Passing Yards: 304.0
- Rushing Yards: 157.0
- Points Scored: 29.0
- Turnovers: 2
Cleveland Browns Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 397.0
- Passing Yards: 324.0
- Rushing Yards: 73.0
- Points Scored: 33.0
- Takeaways: 0
Texans at Browns Relevant Trends
- Texans are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog
- Houston is 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games on grass
- Under is 5-2 in Texans last 7 games as an underdog
- Browns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games
- Cleveland is 5-12 ATS in their last 17 versus the AFC
- Over is 6-1 in Browns last 7 games on grass
Houston Texans at Cleveland Browns Final Betting Prediction
12 ½ is a ton of points. But there are reasons to believe Cleveland covers. The Browns played too well to lose last week. If not for Patrick Mahomes, Cleveland would have won the game.
Also, even though Houston beat the Jaguars, the Texans allowed Lawrence to throw for 319 yards. Who knows what would have happened if Lawrence hadn’t tossed 3 picks.
Houston did lock down on the Jaguars’ rushing attack, though. But the Texans will have a much tougher time stopping Cleveland rushers Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. Also, Tyrod Taylor, although a decent quarterback, won’t escape the Browns’ pass rush.
It’s a lot of points to lay, but Cleveland should cover. Browns win by 14 to 17.
NFL Week 2 Pick: Cleveland Browns
NFL Betting News
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7
- NFL 2021 Season: Panthers vs Giants Betting Analysis & Prediction