Playing Super Bowl matchups before the season starts can yield huge profit. But betting on Super Bowl matchups in June, before NFL teams even head to training camps, can also lead to backing underlay options. To prevent that from happening, football handicappers should create a Super Bowl matchup strategy. Check out a strategy that, hopefully, will help you determine the optimal plays to back. Let’s get right to it so you can keep planning your bets against MyBookie’s Super Bowl Possible Matchups odds.
Possible Super Bowl 56 Matchups to Bet On – NFL Betting
Super Bowl 56
- When: Sunday, Feb. 13, 2022
- Where: SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA
Possible Super Bowl Matchup Strategy
- Decide on the team you believe has the best shot of winning the Super Bowl
Sounds easy enough, right? So the key with this is to decide on your Super Bowl winner. Let’s say that you believe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the first time to repeat as Lombardi Trophy Champions since the 2004 and 2005 Super Bowls.
If that’s your belief, and there’s definitely a reason to believe it, you start your search for Super Bowl Matchup options with the Buccaneers.
- Choose 4 teams you believe have the best chances of playing your top Super Bowl choice
It’s best to choose four teams. Doing so makes it easier to find overlay Super Bowl matchup odds. Also, just as a reminder, if your top Super Bowl choice is an NFC team, like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, all four of the teams you like must play in the AFC.
Let’s say you believe the following four teams have the best chances of winning the AFC and playing Tampa Bay in Super Bowl 56.
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Buffalo Bills
- Cleveland Browns
- Baltimore Ravens
- Assess the odds on those four teams
Now you must assess the Super Bowl matchup odds on the four teams you believe have the best shot of taking on Brady and the Bucs in the 2022 Super Bowl. First, check out the current Super Bowl matchups for Tampa Bay and each of their four possible opponents.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Baltimore Ravens +2800
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Kansas City Chiefs +1400
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns +3900
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Buffalo Bills +2800
Now it’s time to throw out the underlays. In this case, assessing an underlay requires thinking about odds versus the real chances of that team winning the conference.
Odds on Baltimore to face Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl are +2800, which are the same odds as for Bucs versus Bills.
The Bills battled the Chiefs in last season’s AFC Championship. Buffalo’s strength of schedule ranks twenty-third. Based on this assessment, the Buccaneers versus the Ravens matchup offers underlay odds.
Does the Bills and Bucs matchup offer overlay odds? That depends on how much you value the Kansas City Chiefs. If the Chiefs are a lock to win the AFC, then the +1400 on them to play against Tampa Bay makes some sense.
Then again, if Kansas City is your lock team, then they should be your top SB team and not the Buccaneers. So in this case, the Chiefs also offer underlay odds.
- Choose the two Super Bowl Matchup plays you will make
We’ve determined that Kansas City and Baltimore offer underlay odds. The two teams left on our list are the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns.
The example tells us to back the following matchup plays.By going through the process, we’ve identified two fair, and possible overlay, odds on a couple of legit Super Bowl matchups.
Go through this process with the team you feel has the best chance of making it to this season’s Vince Lombardi Trophy game. You should find at least two teams to play your top Super Bowl choice that offers overlay odds.
NFL Betting News
- NFL 2021 Season: Washington Football Team at Las Vegas Betting Analysis
- NFL Week 13 Odds: Patriots vs Bills Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Jacksonville Jaguars vs LA Rams Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Colts vs Texans Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL Week 13: Baltimore vs Pittsburgh Odds, Analysis & Prediction