Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1 is in the books. On Tuesday, October 3 and Wednesday, October 4, teams in the UCL pick it up again. Can Real Madrid make amends for a shocking Match Day 1 loss? Can 2020 Champions League winner Bayern Munich cover a crazy two goal handicap versus Locomotiv Moscow? Keep reading for analysis and free picks for ten of the top contests for Champions League Group Stage Matchday 2. Let’s get right to it so you can place your bets against their Champions League odds.
Champions League Group Stage: Barcelona Vs Juventus Headlines
Champions League Matchday 2
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 27 – Wednesday, Oct. 28
Tuesday, Oct. 27 Matches
- Bayern Munich -2 (-123) / Locomotiv Moscow +2 (-106)
Locomotiv is one of the best teams in the Russian Premier League. But Locomotiv has a small, if any, shot against Bayern Munich. The key is to discern if Bayern can beat Locomotiv by at least 2 goals. Because Munich blasted Atletico 4-0 in their first UCL match, we’ll lay it.
Champions League Free Pick: Bayern Munich
- Inter Milano -131 / Shakthar Donetsk +305
On Tuesday, Inter Milano isn’t a lock. Ukranian professional football club Shakthar Donetsk is the one that upset Real Madrid 3-2 in their first Champions League match. Donetsk is a quality squad. They can keep the good times going versus favored Inter Milan.
Champions League Free Pick: Shakthar Donetsk
- Real Madrid -114 / Monchengladbach +250
Monchengladbach has drawn in their first couple of matches. The draw versus Inter Milano in their UCL game wasn’t bad at all. That makes us lean towards backing Monchengladbach. What closes the deal for us is how Real Madrid not only lost to Donetsk, but in the game before Cadiz beat them 1-0.
Champions League Free Pick: Monchengladbach
- Ajax +283 / Atalanta -136
So, what’s more impressive? A 4-0 win over FC Midtjylland or a 0-1 loss to Liverpool? Ajax lost to Liverpool. Atalanta dominated Mdtjylland. The odds undervalue Ajax. That’s the way to go.
Champions League Free Pick: Ajax
Wednesday, Oct. 28 Matches
- Chelsea -144 / Krasnodar +355
Both these squads drew in their first Champions League matches. Krasnodar is a decent squad, but Chelsea had a good 2019-2020 Champions League Season and they’re better than they were just two months ago. Chelsea is the play.
Champions League Free Pick: Chelsea
- Paris St. Germain -1 ½ (-129) / Istanbul Baksaksehir +1 ½ (-102)
Expect PSG to rack up the goals in this match. Manchester United upset Paris St. Germain 2-1 in PSG’s first match. PSG knows they’re much better than what they showed against Man U. They’ll dominate, probably winning by 3 goals.
Champions League Free Pick: Paris St. Germain
- Leipzig +200 / Manchester United +114
United is a good soccer team, but why are they favored over Leipzig? Leipzig has outscored their last couple of opponents, Istanbul Baksaksehir and Augsburg, 4-0. Plus, Man United could take a backward step after the upset victory against Paris St. Germain.
Champions League Free Pick: Leipzig
- Stade Rennais +1 (-151) / Sevilla -1 (+108)
Stade Rennais has drawn in their last three. None of those three opponents could touch Sevilla, though. Sevilla’s draw with Chelsea showed they can hang with a good team from a different league. It makes sense to give up the goal.
Champions League Free Pick: Sevilla
- Zenit Saint Petersburg +1 ½ (-129) / Dortmund -1 ½ (-105)
Zenit isn’t in the same class as Dortmund, but 1 ½ is too much to give up. Lazio put a 3-1 beating onto Dortmund in their first Champions League match. Take the goal and a half.
Champions League Free Pick: Zenit Saint Petersburg
- Barcelona +163 / Juventus +142
Barca had their offense going in the 5-1 win over Ferencvaros. Juventus won their match as well, 2-0 against Dynamo Kiev. With Ronaldo out due to a COVID positive, Alvaro Morata picked up the pace for Juvy scoring two goals. Juventus’ defense is better than Barcelona’s. Juvy is the play.
Champions League Free Pick: Juventus
Soccer Betting News
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONCACAF: USA vs Canada Highlights Weekend
- Bundesliga Championship Odds: Bayern Clear Favorite, Dortmund Could Upset, Leverkusen Longshot
- 2021-22 Serie A Title Odds: Inter Favorite to Repeat, Napoli, Milan or Atalanta Could Upset
- 2022 Coupe de France Round of 16 Betting Odds and Picks
- 2021-22 Premier League Championship Odds: City Huge Favorite, Liverpool Could Upset