One of the biggest rivalries in the Bundesliga plays out on Thursday, May 13, when RB Leipzig takes on Borussia Dortmund. The winner of the competitive match can call themselves German DFB Pokal Champion. Right now, Dortmund is a slight favorite. The match happens at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, Germany. Check out German Cup odds, analysis, and a free soccer pick for the 2020-2021 German DFB Pokal Finals between RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund.
German DFB Pokal: Bundesliga Rivals Leipzig and Dortmund Battle in Finals
2020-2021 German DFB Pokal Finals: Leipzig Vs Dortmund
- When: Thursday, May 13 at 2:45pm ET
- Where: Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany
- Moneyline Odds: Dortmund +149 / RB Leipzig +161 / Draw +239
- Handicap Odds: Dortmund -½ (+145) / RB Leipzig +½ (-196)
- Over / Under Odds: O 2 ½ (-142) / U 2 ½ (+108)
Why bet on RB Leipzig?
Leipzig’s form isn’t horrible. Although RBL lost to Dortmund in their last, and dropped a match to Cologne, in their last four, Leipzig beat Werder Bremen and Stuttgart. Also, we shouldn’t discount the fact RB Leipzig scored a couple of goals against Dortmund. In fact, if Jadon Sancho hadn’t kicked 2 into the net for Dortmund, Leipzig would have won the match.
RB Leipzig Last 5
- L – 2-3 vs. Dortmund
- W – 1-2 vs. Werder Bremen
- W – 2-0 vs. Stuttgart
- L – 2-1 vs. Cologne
- D – 0-0 vs. Hoffenheim
RB Leipzig Starting Lineup – Projected
Why bet on Dortmund?
For starters, Erling Haaland didn’t play in the last head-to-head and Dortmund beat Leipzig. Haaland is back in training and will play on Thursday. Jadon Sancho proved he can beat Leipzig by himself.
So Haaland’s return to the pitch should only help Dortmund’s cause. Also, Dortmund is on a fantastic winning streak. The favored squad in the DFB Pokal Finals has won 5 straight.
Dortmund Last 5
- W – 3-2 vs. RB Leipzig
- W – 5-0 vs. Holstein Kiel
- W – 0-2 vs. Wolfsburg
- W – 2-0 vs. Union Berlin
- W – 4-1 vs. Werder Bremen
Dortmund Starting Lineup – Projected
German DFB Pokal Finals Betting Prediction
This match comes down to how well Leipzig defends against both Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland. Sancho decimated Leipzig with 2 goals in a match that happened just last weekend.
Haaland stepping onto the pitch is a big deal. At this time, Haaland may be the best striker in the world. He’s almost impossible to mark, always positions himself for an easy pass, and can send the ball to any spot he wants.
Not only that, but even though Leipzig beat Werder Bremen and Stuttgart, we shouldn’t kid ourselves. The loss to Cologne is bad. In 32 matches, Cologne has won 7, drawn 8 times, and lost 17.
Leipzig will have trouble dealing with both Sancho and Haaland. Backer Mats Hummels will ensure Leipzig doesn’t get more than a goal in this. Dortmund on the moneyline is the play.
German DFB Pokal Finals Pick: Dortmund moneyline
Soccer Betting News
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONMEBOL Matches To Bet On Oct. 14th