The 2021 USL Championship soccer season started on April 24. The season runs from April 24 all the way through October 30. Check out analysis, USL odds, and free picks for the best USL matches from Friday, May 14, through Saturday, May 16.
Top USL Championship Games to Keep An Eye On This Week (May 14th – 16th)
2021 USL Championship
- When: April 24 – October 30
Friday, May 14th Matches
- Charlotte Independence / Charleston Battery
In Charleston Battery’s first match in 2021, the home team in this drew with New York Red Bulls II 1-1. Battery and Independence battled twice last year. Battery won a match 2-1. The pair drew in the other match. Tampa Bay beat Charlotte 3-0 in their first match. The loss implies Battery takes this. But Independence should offer better than fair odds.
Soccer Pick: Charlotte Independence
- Miami FC / New York Red Bulls II
Hartford beat the Red Bulls 3-2 in NYRB’s first 2021 match. The Red Bulls bounced back with a 1-1 draw against Charleston on May 7. Miami won their first match on May 2, beating Loudon 2-1. MFC fell to Hartford 1-0 in their second match. Based on current form, Miami looks like the better defensive squad.
Soccer Pick: Miami FC
- L.A. Galaxy II / Real Monarchs SLC
On May 8, Real Monarchs drew 2-2 with San Antonio. L.A. Galaxy II beat Las Vegas Lights 5-0 on May 5. On May 9, Galaxy II drew with Tacoma Defiance. LAG II looks like the play.
Soccer Pick: L.A. Galaxy II
Saturday, May 15th Matches
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds / Hartford Athletic
Going back to Sep. 30, 2020, Athletic has won 4-of-5. Hartford beat New York Red Bulls II 3-2 in their first match of 2021. Then, they bested Miami FC 1-0 on May 8. Pittsburgh has 3 losses in their last 4 matches.
Soccer Pick: Hartford Athletic
- Memphis 901 / Birmingham Legion
Birmingham has 4 losses and a draw in their last 5. The draw happened on May 8 versus Louisville City. This is Memphis 901’s first match of the year. 901 ended 2020 on a high note when winning two straight, beating Charlotte and Birmingham by 3-1 scores.
Soccer Pick: Memphis
- Phoenix Rising / Tampa Bay Rowdies
Tampa Bay beat Charlotte Independence 3-0 on May 1. On May 8, TB dominated Pittsburgh Riverhounds 3-0. Phoenix Rising is just as hot as Tampa. The Rising dominated San Diego Loyal 4-1 on April 30. Eight days later, Phoenix blasted Oakland Roots 3-0.
Soccer Pick: Phoenix Rising
- Austin Bold / New Mexico United
NM United has played 2 matches in 2021. This will be Bold’s first match of the year. New Mexico lost by a goal versus Rio Grande Valley in their first. NMU drew 1-1 with El Paso Locomotive in their second. The home team has a recency edge.
Soccer Pick: New Mexico United
Sunday, May 16th Matches
- Orange County / Tacoma Defiance
On May 9, Tacoma Defiance drew with the L.A. Galaxy II 1-1. Orange County has yet to play a match in 2021. Give the edge to Tacoma.
Soccer Pick: Tacoma Edge
- Atlanta United 2 / OKC Energy
In a couple of matches this season, OKC Energy has a loss and a draw. The loss happened against Atlanta United 2. There’s no reason to believe ATL U 2 doesn’t win the rematch.
Soccer Pick: Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC / Rio Grande Valley
Rio Grande is on a 4-match winning streak, including beating New Mexico United 1-0 on May 1 and handling San Diego Loyal 1-0 on May 6. The home team in this looks formidable.
Soccer Pick: Rio Grande Valley
Soccer Betting News
- 2021 Copa Libertadores Betting Odds: Palmeiras and Flamengo Battle for the Championship
- Top European Leagues Matches to Bet On the Weekend
- FIFA World Cup Betting Update: Qualified Teams So Far and Upsets in the Qualifiers
- European Leagues Betting Update: Top Bundesliga, Serie A, LaLiga, EPL Games to Wager On
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Milan vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Wednesday Action