La Liga has a full slate this weekend. Check out analysis and free picks for Spanish Primera Division games on Saturday, January 2 and Sunday, January 3. Let’s jump right into action so you can make your bets against their LaLiga odds.
Top LaLiga Games to Watch this Weekend (Jan. 2nd – 3rd)
Saturday, Jan. 2nd Games
- Levante +1 (-136) / Villareal -1 (+102)
Levante is in much better form, but they haven’t beaten a team by more than a goal in their last couple of victories. In the last 2 head-to-head matches, Levante beat Villareal by a single goal.
La Liga Free Pick: Villareal
- Sevilla -101 / Betis +276
Sevilla has 4 wins and a draw in their last 5. They beat Betis by 2 goals in the last match in June. Sevilla offers overlay odds at -101, making them a solid play.
La Liga Free Pick: Sevilla
- Valladolid +307 / Getafe +100
In the 5 head-to-head matches since early January, Getafe hasn’t lost to Valladolid. They’ve beaten their rivals twice and have drawn 3 times. Definitely consider the draw. If you don’t like the draw, take the +100 on the home squad.
La Liga Free Pick: Getafe
- Celta De Vigo +1 (+102) / Real Madrid -1 (-136)
Both Celta and Real are playing well. Real Madrid has 4 wins and a draw in their last 5. Celta De Vigo mirrors Real’s record in their last 5 with 4 wins and a draw. Celta gets a goal at above even money on the handicap.
La Liga Free Pick: Celta De Vigo
Sunday, Jan. 3rd Games
- Elche +1 (-112) / Bilbao -1 (-117)
Neither appears to have much of an edge, which means either we throw a dart, give up a goal or take a goal, or we play the draw. These two drew in their last match. That’s the way we’re going.
La Liga Free Pick: Draw
- Atletico Madrid -1 (-103) / Alaves +1 (-128)
Atletico Madrid shouldn’t beat Alaves by more than a goal. But Alaves offers terrible odds on the handicap. AM is worth a play at -1 (-103). Alaves heads into this off a win. The last time they did that, Celta beat them 2-0.
La Liga Free Pick: Atletico Madrid
- Osasuna +1 (-121) / Real Sociedad -1 (-107)
Here’s another La Liga match where it’s difficult to figure out which squad to back. The handicap does us no favors by offering underlay odds on both. These two drew in the last head-to-head. There’s no reason not to play the draw in the rematch.
La Liga Free Pick: Draw
- Granada +100 / Eibar +144
Granada has 4 wins and a loss in their last 5. The loss happened against Real Madrid. Nobody can get on their case for that one. Eibar beat Granada in June, though. Also, the home team offers the better odds. We’re taking a shot on Eibar.
La Liga Free Pick: Eibar
- Barcelona -1 ½ (+106) / Huesca +1 ½ (-140)
Huesca is the worst team in the Spanish Primera Division. But Barcelona rarely beats a team by more than a goal, making it tough to back Messi and his mates versus Huesca. Barca does offer better odds. So we’ll take a shot on the chalk to drop the home dog by more than 2 goals.
La Liga Free Pick: Barcelona
Soccer Betting News
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Odds – CONMEBOL Matches To Bet On Oct. 14th