Two of the hottest teams in college football clash in the Boca Raton Bowl on Saturday when Sun Belt runner up Appalachian State goes against high-scoring Western Kentucky. Which team gets it done in one of this Bowl Season’s kick off games? Check out College Football Bowl odds, analysis, and a free pick for App State versus Western Kentucky.
NCAAF Betting Analysis for Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Vs Appalachian State Mountaineers
Boca Raton Bowl Odds | Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs Appalachian State Mountaineers
- When: Saturday, Dec. 18 at 11:00 am ET
- Where: FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL
- TV / Streaming: ESPN/ ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Appalachian State -3
- Moneyline Odds: Appalachian State -155 / Western Kentucky +130
- Over/Under Odds: 67 ½
Why bet on Western Kentucky versus Appalachian State?
Western Kentucky has become one of the highest scoring teams in the nation. The Hilltoppers average 43.1 points per, which ranks second in college football. Western Kentucky’s passing attack ranks first in yards per while overall, Western Kentucky averages the second most total yards in NCAAF.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 528.4
- Passing Yards: 434.6
- Rushing Yards: 93.8
- Points Scored: 43.1
- Turnovers: 8
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 422.5
- Passing Yards: 260.3
- Rushing Yards: 152.2
- Points Scored: 28.7
- Takeaways: 19
Why bet on Appalachian State versus Western Kentucky?
In the past few games, App State’s D has stepped it up. The Mountaineers held Southern Alabama and Troy to 7 points in big wins. Georgia Southern was good for 3 and even though Louisiana beat the Mountaineers in the Sun Belt Championship, Appalachian State held the Ragin’ Cajuns’ high-scoring offense to 24 points.
Appalachian State Mountaineers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 428.5
- Passing Yards: 240.8
- Rushing Yards: 187.6
- Points Scored: 34.2
- Turnovers: 12
Appalachian State Mountaineers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 325.6
- Passing Yards: 206.6
- Rushing Yards: 119.0
- Points Scored: 19.3
- Takeaways: 15
Relevant Trends for Western Kentucky versus Appalachian State
- Hilltoppers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6
- Western Kentucky is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 as an underdog
- Over is 5-0 in the Hilltoppers’ last 5 games as an underdog
- Mountaineers are 4-1 ATS in their alts 5 bowl games
- Appalachian State is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in December
- Under is 4-1 in the Mountaineers’ last 5 games
Boca Raton Bowl Final Betting Prediction
No doubt that when Western Kentucky gets their passing attack going, they can pretty much score at will. But although the Hilltoppers’ passing game is scary good, Western Kentucky is a one-dimensional team.
The Hilltoppers don’t rush the football very well. Not only that, but the defense often folds against top competition.
Appalachian State ran into a motivated Louisiana squad in the Sun Belt title match. Before the loss, the Mountaineers had rolled to 5 straight wins both straight up and against the spread.
One of the victories was a terrific 30-27 win against top Sun Belt foe Coastal Carolina. Western Kentucky hasn’t played a team as talented as App State this season. Expect the Mountaineers’ D to temper the Hilltoppers offense. Appalachian State wins and covers.
Boca Raton Bowl Pick: Appalachian State Mountaineers
Bet NCAA Football to Win
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- Bowling Green vs. Michigan Odds and Betting Prediction in Week 3
- 2023 College Football Betting: Wyoming vs #4 Texas Game Lines
- NCAA Football Game Lines: Alabama vs South Florida Odds and Prediction
- NCAA Football Game Lines: Weber State vs Utah Odds and Prediction
- Florida State vs. Boston College Odds and Betting Prediction