Two teams that believe they can win their respective conferences step onto the gridiron in a big college football clash on Thursday. The Ohio Bobcats head to Cajun country to take on Louisiana. The Ragin’ Cajuns are huge -20 favorites. Will UL-Lafayette win and cover? Or will Ohio play well enough to win against the spread? Check out NCAAF odds, analysis, and a free pick for Ohio Bobcats at Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.
College Football Odds – Ohio Bobcats vs Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns
Ohio Bobcats at Louisiana Betting Odds & Match Info
- When: Thursday, Sep. 16 at 8:00 pm ET
- Where: Cajun Field, Lafayette, LA
- TV / Streaming: ESPN / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Louisiana -20
- Over/Under Odds: 57 ½
Why bet on Ohio versus Louisiana?
Ohio is much better than what they’ve shown. The Bobcats fell 9-29 to Syracuse in their first game and then lost by 2 points, 26-28, against Duquesne in their second. Because of the losses, the Bobcats enter this a massive underdog. Expect Ohio to perform better in this than they have so far this season. Also, Ohio gets 20 points versus UL-Lafayette.
Ohio Bobcats Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 326.5
- Passing Yards: 190
- Rushing Yards: 136.5
- Points Scored: 17.5
- Turnovers: 0
Ohio Bobcats Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 376.5
- Passing Yards: 143.0
- Rushing Yards: 233.5
- Points Scored: 28.5
- Takeaways: 0
Why bet on Louisiana versus Ohio?
Although they haven’t covered in a couple of games, Louisiana has played well. The Ragin’ Cajuns beat Nicholls State, a top FCS team, 27-24 in their last. In the game before, UL-Lafayette hung with Texas until the Longhorns blew the game open in the second half. Louisiana’s offense has yet to get on track. Once it does, the Cajuns should start scoring over 35 points with ease.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 376.5
- Passing Yards: 293
- Rushing Yards: 83.5
- Points Scored: 22.5
- Turnovers: 1
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 475.5
- Passing Yards: 312
- Rushing Yards: 163.5
- Points Scored: 31.0
- Takeaways: 1
Relevant Trends for Ohio Bobcats at Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns
- Bobcats are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games on a Thursday
- Bobcats are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 non-conference games
- Over is 10-0-1 in their last 11 versus the Sun Belt
- Louisiana is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games
- Ragin’ Cajuns are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games following an ATS loss
Ohio versus Louisiana Final Betting Prediction
This is one of those tough games where neither squad has lived up to the hype. The Ragin’ Cajuns, though, entered the season with much more hype than Ohio.
So it’s disturbing that Louisiana almost fell to an FCS team. Sure, Nicholls State is one of the better FCS squads in the nation. But they’re still an FCS squad. What happens when Louisiana faces Coastal Carolina?
The Ragin’ Cajuns could get their offense back on track. More than likely, though, UL-Lafayette continues to struggle in some way. The Bobcats aren’t a good football team. But Ohio has 20 points to work with in this. The road team is the pick to cover.
NCAAF Week 3 Pick: Ohio Bobcats
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- Can Georgia, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama Win the National Championship?
- Betting Non-Conference College Football Spring Games To Win Big
- College Football Betting Tips Update for the First Weeks of the 2022-23 Season
- AP Top 25 College Football Poll: Do They Match with the Odds to Win the Championship?
- NCAA Football Early Predictions With Georgia Bulldogs as Favorite to Win