The Georgia Bulldogs head to Tennessee to face an SEC rival they’ve historically dominated. Most consider the Vanderbilt Commodores the worst team in the conference. UGA is a massive -34 ½ chalk. Can the Commodores keep this close? Or will the second-ranked team in the nation leave the Volunteer State big winners on the moneyline and spread line? Keep reading for NCAAF odds, analysis, and a free pick for Bulldogs versus Commodores.
College Football Odds and Predictions – Georgia Bulldogs vs Vanderbilt Commodores
#2 Georgia Bulldogs at Vanderbilt Commodores Game Odds & Info
- When: Saturday, Sep. 25 at 12:00 pm ET
- Where: Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN
- TV / Streaming: SEC Net / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Georgia -34 ½
Why bet on #2 Georgia versus Vanderbilt?
The Georgia Bulldogs have proven to be one of the best teams in the nation. There are some who believe UGA is a better team than rival Alabama, the top ranked team in the country. Georgia upset Clemson in their first game. Then, they dusted Alabama-Birmingham and blasted South Carolina. Vanderbilt should have no shot.
Georgia Bulldogs Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 428.7
- Passing Yards: 272.7
- Rushing Yards: 156.0
- Points Scored: 35.3
- Turnovers: 2
Georgia Bulldogs Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 221.3
- Passing Yards: 146.3
- Rushing Yards: 75.0
- Points Scored: 7.7
- Takeaways: 5
Why bet on Vanderbilt versus #2 Georgia?
Vandy won’t upset the Dawgs on the Moneyline. There’s no chance of that. But the point spread is ridiculous. UGA is a -34 ½ favorite to dominate the Commodores. Georgia could win this by 31 and they’d still fail to cover the spread. Georgia should have a massive lead heading into the fourth quarter, which means Vanderbilt could pull off the backdoor cover.
Vanderbilt Commodores Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 353.7
- Passing Yards: 208.3
- Rushing Yards: 145.3
- Points Scored: 16.7
- Turnovers: 2
Vanderbilt Commodores Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 393.7
- Passing Yards: 197.0
- Rushing Yards: 196.7
- Points Scored: 28.3
- Takeaways: 1
Relevant Trends for #2 Georgia versus Vanderbilt
- Bulldogs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Georgia is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 conference games
- Over is 5-0 in the Bulldogs last 5 conference games
- Vanderbilt is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 at home
- Commodores are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- Under is 4-1 in Vanderbilt’s last 5 games
Vanderbilt versus #2 Georgia Final Betting Prediction
Georgia might be the best team in the nation. They’re solid on both sides of the football. For the first time since Kirby Smart took the job in Athens, the Dawgs have a seriously talented quarterback in JT Daniels.
But all of the superlatives could work against Georgia covering the spread in this. Vanderbilt is a terrible football team. They may not be worse than South Carolina, though, and the Bulldogs didn’t cover in that game even though they blasted the Gamecocks 40-13.
Kirby Smart knows Georgia has challenging games coming up on the schedule. He won’t push his starters in this. Once the Bulldogs get up by 28 to 35, he’ll take them out and put the second units on both sides of the ball to work. Taking the points on Vandy is the play.
NCAAF Week 4 Pick: Vanderbilt Commodores
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- College Football Heisman Trophy Odds: Caleb Williams Stands As Clear Favorite
- Can Georgia, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama Win the National Championship?
- Betting Non-Conference College Football Spring Games To Win Big
- College Football Betting Tips Update for the First Weeks of the 2022-23 Season
- AP Top 25 College Football Poll: Do They Match with the Odds to Win the Championship?