The Alabama Crimson Tide failed in their quest for a repeat trip to the College Football Playoff. The Tide did manage to secure a bid to the Sugar Bowl where they will take on Big 12 titlist Kansas State. Alabama’s best player on each side of the pigskin will suit up for this one. Does that mean Bama is a lock to win and cover? Or will K-State surprise the Tide? See below for College Football Bowl Odds, analysis, and a free pick for the 2022 Sugar Bowl.
Allstate Sugar Bowl Alabama Is The Favorite, Can They Win The Bowl
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Kansas State Wildcats Lines and Match Info | Sugar Bowl
• When: Saturday, Dec. 31 at 12:00 pm ET
• Where: Superdome, New Orleans, LA
• TV / Streaming: ESPN/ESPN+
• ATS Odds: Alabama -7
• Money line Odds: Kansas State +212 / Alabama -270
• Over/Under Odds: 56.5
Why bet on Alabama versus Kansas State?
Quarterback Bryce Young said he’s going to put on the cleats and step onto the Superdome field. Young explained that the Sugar Bowl is another chance to play football and build his resume.
On the other side of the ball, Will Anderson will play. The presence of Anderson and Young means Bama’s two most-important players, and the NFL Draft’s top two prospects, will step onto the field.
Alabama Crimson Tide Offensive Averages
• Total Yards: 475.7
• Passing Yards: 278.3
• Rushing Yards: 197.4
• Points Scored: 40.8
• Turnovers: 8
Alabama Crimson Tide Defensive Averages
• Total Yards: 311.3
• Passing Yards: 186.0
• Rushing Yards: 125.3
• Points Scored: 18.0
• Takeaways: 5
Why bet on Kansas State versus Alabama?
In the regular season’s stretch drive, few teams impressed as much as Kansas State. The Wildcats went 4-0 SU and ATS in their final four games.
Of particular note were 31-3 wins versus Baylor and a 31-28 victory over TCU in the Big 12 title game. K-State beat opponents on both sides of the football. Also, the Wildcats should have a chance to use dual-threat QB Adrian Martinez in at least a few offensive packages on Saturday.
Kansas State Wildcats Offensive Averages
• Total Yards: 420.2
• Passing Yards: 210.5
• Rushing Yards: 209.6
• Points Scored: 33.2
• Turnovers: 6
Kansas State Wildcats Defensive Averages
• Total Yards: 365.8
• Passing Yards: 216.9
• Rushing Yards: 148.9
• Points Scored: 20.1
• Takeaways: 16
Crimson Tide vs. Wildcats Relevant Trends
• Crimson Tide are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 versus a team with a winning record
• Alabama is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 bowl games
• Under is 4-0-1 in the Crimson Tide’s last 5 bowl games
• Wildcats are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games at a neutral site
• Kansas State is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on field turf
• Under is 4-1 in the Wildcats’ last 5 games at a neutral site
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Kansas State Wildcats Final Betting Prediction
Young and Anderson will play but offensive guard Javion Cohen hit the transfer portal. Cohen started for Bama and is one of the top guards in the nation.
So once K-State lays the wood on Bryce, he will pull himself out of the game. Young has a huge future ahead of him. It doesn’t make sense for Young to put that future on the line for a non-CFP bowl victory.
The same thing goes for Anderson. Expect both Young and Anderson to step off the field before the end of the first half. Neither will return.
Even if Anderson plays the full game, Bama’s defense is in trouble. As if the QB duo of Will Howard and Adrian Martinez wasn’t enough, running back Deuce Vaughn is one of the best in the nation. Also, Bama allows 125 rushing yards per game. K-State wins this straight up.
NCAAF Sugar Bowl Pick: Kansas State Wildcats +212
Bet NCAA Football to Win
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- Can Georgia, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama Win the National Championship?
- Betting Non-Conference College Football Spring Games To Win Big
- College Football Betting Tips Update for the First Weeks of the 2022-23 Season
- AP Top 25 College Football Poll: Do They Match with the Odds to Win the Championship?
- NCAA Football Early Predictions With Georgia Bulldogs as Favorite to Win