Two teams who had much higher aspirations than a lower-level bowl at the beginning of he season step into Yankee Stadium on Thursday, Dec. 29 to play in the 2022 Pinstripe Bowl. At one point during the season, both Minnesota and Syracuse were undefeated and looking like possible contenders to win their conferences. But later in the season, both teams lost enough games to end up in the Pinstripe Bowl. Will Minnesota step it up as the favorite? Will Syracuse grab a spread line victory? Keep reading for College Football Bowl Odds, analysis, and a free pick for Minnesota versus Syracuse.
Who is Playing in the Pinstripe Bowl? | Syracuse Orange vs Minnesota Golden Gophers Betting Preview
Texas Tech versus Ole Miss Lines | Texas Bowl Odds
- When: Thursday, Dec. 29 at 2:00 pm ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
- TV / Streaming: ESPN / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Minnesota -8 ½
- Money line Odds: Syracuse +245 / Minnesota -420
- Over/Under Odds: 69.5
Why bet on Syracuse versus Minnesota?
Since October 22, when Syracuse hung with Clemson in a 27-21 loss, the Orange have fallen apart. Syracuse ended their season losing 5 straight against the spread and 4-of-5 straight up.
But although Syracuse lost, the Orange could have won 2 of the 4 losses. The 45-35 loss to Wake Forest could have gone the Orange’s way. The 19-9 loss to Pittsburgh also could have gone Syracuse’s way. A few lucky bounces in the opposite direction and the ‘Cuse could have won both those games.
Syracuse Orange Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 366.2
- Passing Yards: 223.4
- Rushing Yards: 142.8
- Points Scored: 28.3
- Turnovers: 4
Syracuse Orange Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 338.8
- Passing Yards: 188.8
- Rushing Yards: 150.1
- Points Scored: 22.7
- Takeaways: 10
Why bet on Minnesota versus Syracuse?
Minnesota had a terrific season. The Gophers didn’t win the Big Ten but they finished with 4 losses total.
When it comes to this contest, the Golden Gophers are in a much better position than Syracuse. The Gophers won 4 of their last 5 games. The Gophers went 3-2 against the spread in those last 5. So if you want to play the hotter team in this bowl game, Minnesota is the play.
Minnesota Golden Gophers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 404.3
- Passing Yards: 185.9
- Rushing Yards: 218.4
- Points Scored: 28.3
- Turnovers: 4
Minnesota Golden Gophers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 279.5
- Passing Yards: 173.7
- Rushing Yards: 105.8
- Points Scored: 13.3
- Takeaways: 13
Orange versus Golden Gophers Relevant Trends
- Orange is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games
- Syracuse is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
- Under is 6-1 in the Orange’s last 7 neutral site games
- Golden Gophers are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games no grass
- Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 bowl games
- Under is 5-0 in the Golden Gophers last 5 games following a straight up win
Minnesota Golden Gophers vs Syracuse Orange Final Betting Prediction
Syracuse does not enter the game playing their best football. The ‘Cuse went 0-5 against the spread in their last 5 games.
Not only that, but in those final 5 games, Syracuse’s defense fell apart versus offenses that aren’t as talented as Minnesota’s. The Gophers average over 28 points per game from over 404 yards each contest.
Minnesota allows less than 14 points per game and the Gophers step it up in bowls. Anyway we look at it, Syracuse should be in some trouble on Dec. 29. The Gophers get the straight up and against the spread wins.
NCAAF Pinstripe Bowl Pick: Minnesota Golden Gophers -8 ½
Bet NCAA Football to Win
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- TCU Horned Frogs 2023 Football Season Betting Guide
- College Football Heisman Trophy Odds: Caleb Williams Stands As Clear Favorite
- Can Georgia, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama Win the National Championship?
- Betting Non-Conference College Football Spring Games To Win Big
- College Football Betting Tips Update for the First Weeks of the 2022-23 Season