It took the Crimson Tide about eight days to move back into the top four. Alabama so thoroughly blasted Mississippi State in their last game that AP voters moved Bama to #4 in the nation. But while Alabama is on a roll, Tennessee dropped a heartbreaker versus Ole Miss in their last. Will the Vols bounce back with a good effort versus a team looking to dominate? Keep reading for NCAAF odds, analysis, and a free pick for Alabama versus Tennessee.
NCAA Football – Tennessee Volunteers vs #4 Alabama Crimson Tide
Tennessee Volunteers at #4 Alabama Crimson Tide Game Odds & Info
- When: Saturday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
- TV / Streaming: ESPN / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Alabama -25
- Over/Under Odds: 67
Why bet on Tennessee versus Alabama?
Versus Ole Miss, the Volunteers played too good to lose. Tennessee had momentum late in the first quarter. But the Volunteers couldn’t build upon their 9-7 lead and after Lane Kiffin’s squad jumped ahead, the Rebels never looked back. The Volunteers know they could have beaten Ole Miss. They’ll be all out versus rival Alabama on Saturday. Also, Tennessee averages close to 40 points per game. So the 25 Bama spots the Vols should be meaningful.
Tennessee Volunteers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 472.4
- Passing Yards: 224.0
- Rushing Yards: 248.4
- Points Scored: 39.3
- Turnovers: 6
Tennessee Volunteers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 368.0
- Passing Yards: 232.0
- Rushing Yards: 136.0
- Points Scored: 22.9
- Takeaways: 8
Why bet on #4 Alabama versus Tennessee?
The Crimson Tide still can’t explain why they lost to Texas A&M. All they can do is dominate their fellow SEC foes. The first conference opponent to fall after the A&M loss was Mississippi State, whom Bama rolled 49-9 in an impressive road victory. Alabama understands that to maintain their top four ranking, they must continue to drub their opponents into submission. A 25-point spread is nothing for one of the best teams in the nation.
Alabama Crimson Tide Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 482.6
- Passing Yards: 316.1
- Rushing Yards: 166.4
- Points Scored: 45.0
- Turnovers: 2
Alabama Crimson Tide Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 300.6
- Passing Yards: 210.0
- Rushing Yards: 90.6
- Points Scored: 20.1
- Takeaways: 10
Relevant Trends for Tennessee Volunteers at #4 Alabama Crimson Tide
- Volunteers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following an ATS loss
- Tennessee is 2-8 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Under is 6-2 in the Vols’ last 8 games as an underdog
- Crimson Tide are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 at home
- Alabama is 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games
- Over is 4-1-1 in Crimson Tide’s last 6 games following a straight up win
Tennessee versus Alabama Final Betting Prediction
If this game were in Tennessee, the Volunteers might have a shot to keep it closer than the spread. But it’s not. Alabama plays on their field, which makes the Crimson Tide even more formidable.
Not only that, but the trends point to a Tennessee blowout loss. The Tide are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 at home. Bama is 12-5 ATS in their last 17.
Nick Saban knows that this season Alabama has stiff competition to make it to the College Football Playoff. Georgia is a lock if they win out while Oklahoma, Cincinnati, and Michigan are undefeated.
Saban has no choice but try and win every game by 30 or more points. Alabama puts the peddle to the floor and doesn’t let up. The Tide roll to a win and cover.
NCAAF Week 8 Pick:
Bet NCAA Football to Win
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- Can Georgia, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama Win the National Championship?
- Betting Non-Conference College Football Spring Games To Win Big
- College Football Betting Tips Update for the First Weeks of the 2022-23 Season
- AP Top 25 College Football Poll: Do They Match with the Odds to Win the Championship?
- NCAA Football Early Predictions With Georgia Bulldogs as Favorite to Win