In NFL Week 3, a couple of 0-2 squads hit the turf at the Meadowlands in New Jersey when Matt Ryan leads the Atlanta Falcons against the New York Giants. Both teams have struggled so far this season. Which squad projects to get their first win of the season and which team will head to next week 0-3? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Falcons versus Giants.
NFL Betting Preview for Atlanta Falcons vs New York Giants
NFL Week 3: Atlanta at New York Giants Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Sep. 26 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
- TV / Streaming: FOX / Fox Sports
- ATS Odds: NYG -3
- Moneyline Odds: Atlanta +135 / NYG -160
- Over/Under Odds: 48
Why bet on Atlanta versus NYG?
Heading into the fourth quarter of the Falcons’ loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in week 2, the score was Bucs 28 and Atlanta 25. The Falcons played three great quarters of football, only to give up 20 points to the defending champs in the fourth. If not for the fourth-quarter implosion, Atlanta would have easily covered the spread. Facing a team more on their level, the ATL should keep this game close until the final whistle.
Atlanta Falcons Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 304.0
- Passing Yards: 214.5
- Rushing Yards: 89.5
- Points Scored: 15.5
- Turnovers: 3
Atlanta Falcons Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 387.5
- Passing Yards: 260.0
- Rushing Yards: 127.5
- Points Scored: 40.0
- Takeaways: 1
Why bet on NYG versus Atlanta?
In their second game, the Giants entered D.C. as an underdog against the spread. They almost pulled off the upset victory. Giants’ kicker Graham Gano kicked a field goal with 2 minutes left that put the Giants up 29-27. But the G-Men defense failed to hold the WFT. Taylor Heinicke moved Washington into field goal range. D.C. hit the game-winner with 0 time left. Although the Giants lost the game, they could build off the excellent performance. Not only that, but this happens on NYG’s field.
New York Giants Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 352.5
- Passing Yards: 241.0
- Rushing Yards: 111.5
- Points Scored: 21.0
- Turnovers: 1
New York Giants Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 413.5
- Passing Yards: 287.5
- Rushing Yards: 126.0
- Points Scored: 28.5
- Takeaways: 2
Falcons at Giants Relevant Trends
- Falcons are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 on the road
- Atlanta is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games in September
- Over is 4-1 in Falcons last 5 games in September
- Giants are 7-18-1 ATS in their last 26 home games
- NYG is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 versus the NFC
- Under is 8-0 in the Giants last 8 games on field turf
New York Giants at Atlanta Falcons Final Betting Prediction
Neither team has a good offense or a good defense. But the Giants look like the more talented team.
Although Atlanta’s performance for three quarters against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers impressed, the Falcons battled a division rival coming off a huge win against a top NFC opponent, the Dallas Cowboys.
The Giants had the game won last Thursday night, but their defense let them down. On paper, NYG towers over Atlanta. Quarterback Daniel Jones has some talent. He’s got decent pass catchers around him, including Kenny Golladay.
Golladay showed some frustration in the week 2 loss. That should motivate him. Make no mistake, the Giants aren’t a good team. But they scored 13 points against Denver’s terrific defense in a loss.
Last week, the G-Men dropped 29 onto the WFT’s very good defense. The ATL allows 40 points per game. The Giants should win this and they should win it by at least a touchdown.
NFL Week 3 Pick: New York Giants
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest