A couple of teams on a roll clash in NFL Week 4 when the Dallas Cowboys host the Carolina Panthers at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. The Cowboys head into this game after dominating rival Philadelphia this past Monday night. The Panthers are 3-0 after beating and covering against the Houston Texans in week 4. Will Carolina cover as a road dog? Or will the Cowboys continue to show they’re one of the NFC’s best teams? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Panthers versus Cowboys.
NFL Betting Preview for Carolina Panthers vs Dallas Cowboys
NFL Week 4: Carolina Panthers at Dallas Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Oct. 3 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
- TV / Streaming: FOX / FOX Sports
- ATS Odds: Dallas -4 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Carolina +175 / Cowboys -210
- Over/Under Odds: 50 ½
Why bet on Carolina versus Dallas?
The Panthers have the best defense in the NFL. Carolina ranks first in total yards allowed, passing yards allowed, and rushing yards allowed. Opponents average 10 points per versus the Carolina Panthers, which ranks second in the league in points allowed each game. Dak Prescott and Dallas’ offense is great, but Carolina’s defense is as good as it gets.
Carolina Panthers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 390.3
- Passing Yards: 284.7
- Rushing Yards: 105.7
- Points Scored: 23.2
- Turnovers: 2
Carolina Panthers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 191.0
- Passing Yards: 146.0
- Rushing Yards: 45.0
- Points Scored: 10.0
- Takeaways: 3
Why bet on Dallas versus Carolina?
Although not as good as Carolina’s, Dallas’ defense isn’t bad. The Cowboys held Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers to 17 points in a terrific 20-17 second-game win. Philadelphia scored 21 against Dallas’ defense, but a couple of the TDs happened after the Cowboys had built, and maintained a 20 point lead.
Dallas Cowboys Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 416.7
- Passing Yards: 277.3
- Rushing Yards: 139.3
- Points Scored: 30.0
- Turnovers: 3
Dallas Cowboys Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 402.0
- Passing Yards: 331.7
- Rushing Yards: 70.3
- Points Scored: 23.0
- Takeaways: 8
Panthers at Cowboys Relevant Trends
- Carolina is 8-0 in their last 8 games on the road
- Panthers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall
- Under is 4-0 in Carolina’s last 4 versus the NFC
- Dallas is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games in week 4
- Cowboys are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Over is 4-0 in Dallas last 4 home games
Carolina Panthers versus Dallas Cowboys Final Betting Prediction
The line opened at Dallas -5 and is now Cowboys -4 ½, which tells us which way the public and pros are going. Make no mistake, Dallas is a good football team.
But the Boys face a defense that could stifle Ezekiel Elliott and Dak Prescott. Carolina doesn’t let any team score a lot of points against them.
Almost as important is the fact Sam Darnold is playing smart football. The former Jets is completing 68% of his passes. He’s thrown for 888 yards and 3 TDs to a single pick. Sam has also rushed for 3 TDs.
Carolina’s biggest issue was at cornerback. But the Panthers solved that problem by trading for former Jaguar C.J. Henderson last week.
All signs point to a Carolina Panther cover. If you want to take a bigger risk, back the Panthers on the moneyline.
NFL Week 4 Pick: Carolina Panthers +4 ½
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest