On Tuesday, Feb. 23, Serie A squad Lazio takes on mighty Bundesliga team Bayern at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy. Bayern, as we might expect, is a massive favorite against Lazio. Does the home team have any chance in the first leg of this Champions League battle? Check out Champions League odds, analysis, and a free pick for Lazio Vs Bayern Munich.
Champions League: Lazio vs Bayern Preview, Odds, and Free Pick
Lazio Vs Bayern Munich
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 23 at 3:00 pm ET
- Where: Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy
- Spread Odds: Lazio +1/2 (+118) / Bayern -1/2 (-158)
- Moneyline Odds: Lazio +351/ Bayern -158 / Draw +305
- Total Odds: O 3 ½ (+114) / U 3 ½ (-151)
Why bet on Lazio against Bayern?
Lazio is in excellent form. The underdog has won 3-of-5 with the two losses happening against top Serie A squads Atalanta and Inter Milano. If Lazio brings the same fire to this match that they had when beating Sampdoria 1-0 on Feb. 20, they can upset Bayern.
Lazio Last 5
- W – 1-0 vs. Sampdoria
- L – 3-1 vs. Inter Milano
- W – 1-0 vs. Cagliari
- W – 3-1 vs. Atalanta
- L – 3-1 vs. Atalanta
Lazio predicted starting lineup
Why bet on Bayern against Lazio?
Defending champion Bayern believes it’s the best club team in the world. Although Bayern must travel to Rome to battle Lazio on Tuesday, don’t hold it against them. Thomas Mueller and Robert Lewandowski will be ready to go. The only thing Bayern likes doing more than winning Champions League games is dominating Bundesliga rival Dortmund. Expect Bayern to lay it all on the field.
Bayern Last 5
- L – 2-1 vs. Frankfurt
- D – 3-3 vs. Arminia Bielefeld
- W – 1-0 vs. U.A.N.L
- W – 2-0 vs. Ahl Aly
- W – 1-0 vs. Hertha Berlin
Bayern predicted starting lineup
Lazio Vs Bayern Final Betting Analysis
Bayern often doesn’t just beat their opponents. They dominate their opponents by differentials of 2 to 3 goals. In some matches, Bayern has beaten an opponent by 5 to 6 goals.
But the Bayern squad that is likely to show up in Rome isn’t as tight as the one in recent Champions League matches. Bayern had to play in the FIFA Club World Cup.
Even though they easily won the tournament, it may have taken something out of them. They followed up the FIFA Club World Cup Championship victory versus Tigres U.A.N.L with a draw against Arminia Bielefeld.
On Feb. 20, Frankfurt upset Bayern 2-1. Granted, Mueller didn’t play in that match. Does that mean when he shows up on the pitch against Lazio, Bayern suddenly turns their form around?
Maybe, not. If we’re going to go against Bayern, this is the time to do it. The draw and Lazio on the moneyline offer overlay odds. We think it makes sense to make two wagers in this match, one on the home team straight up and the other on the draw.
Soccer Free Picks: Lazio moneyline & draw
Soccer Betting News
- Top 2022 MLS Matches to Bet On the Weekend: Four Exciting Games to Not Miss
- Senegal Odds to Win the FIFA World Cup and Will They Move to Round of 16
- Ghana Odds to Win the FIFA World Cup and Will They Move to Round of 16
- 2022 U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals Matches to Bet On: Nashville vs Orlando City Odds
- Top 2022 MLS Matches to Bet On the Week: LAFC vs Dallas Highlights Wednesday Action