We are now heading down to the wire in the NBA regular season, with three-quarters of the schedule now in the books. It’s all about positioning now, as teams try to get themselves in the best place possible for the playoffs and the play-in games. As we do every week, we are going to take a look at the Power Rankings, this time for Week 18, which includes talking about the top and bottom 5 teams in the NBA. That being said, let’s jump right into action so you can continue betting against their NBA odds.
2021 NBA Week 18 Power Rankings Update
- Phoenix Suns – It has been a slow and steady climb, but the Phoenix Suns finish Week 17 at the top of the Power Rankings with a 37-15 record. They went 3-1 in their 4 games last week, so they are likely to remain at the top when the new rankings are released.
- Utah Jazz – The Jazz drop down a spot this week, but they can still take solace in the fact that they maintain a 1 ½ game lead at the top of the Western Conference. They also still have the best record in the NBA.
- Brooklyn Nets – The Nets can’t seem to buy a break as they look to get their Big 3 back on the court together. No sooner did Kevin Durant return than James Harden went down with a hamstring injury. The Nets have since lost some ground in the East.
- Denver Nuggets – It is unlikely that the Nuggets will close the 5 ½ game gap at the top of the Western Conference, but for now, it’s all about staying in the top 4. They have gone 8-2 in their last 10 games, so that looks like a manageable goal.
- LA Clippers – The Clippers are back in the top 5 in the Power Rankings after jumping 2 spots this week. They have gone 3-1 this past week, so there is a better than average chance that they will remain among the leaders.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – It wasn’t so very long ago that we suggested that the Timberwolves would likely be at the bottom the rest of the way, but they have begun to pick up some wins and have jumped another 2 spots in the rankings.
- Cleveland Cavaliers – A 5-game losing streak saw the Cavaliers begin to plummet in the rankings, and whole they pulled themselves out of that, and moved up 2 spots, they have now lost 2 in a row and are in danger of sliding again.
- Orlando Magic – There were a few teams who made a big drop in the Power Ranking this week. The Magic are tied with 2 others for the biggest fall, going down 5 spots this week. A 1-3 run in their past 4 games will see them remain in the bottom 5.
- Houston Rockets – The battle for the worst record in the NBA is tied right now, with the Rockets and Timberwolves both sitting on 15 wins. Based on recent form alone, you would have to think that the Rockets might just get it.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder dropped 5 spots this week and now find themselves at the bottom of the Power Rankings. With a winless streak that has now extended to 10 games, they better get used to the view from the bottom.
NBA Betting News
- NFL 2021 Season: LA Chargers at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NBA 2022 Championship Odds & Analysis Update: Lakers and Nets Favorites to Win it All
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Back For Opener? Kyrie Irving May Not Play All Season
- Top 2021 NBA Preseason Betting Picks for the Week
- NBA Rumors: Wiggins Gets COVID Vaccine, But What About Kyrie?