There are some definite changes in the NBA Power Rankings this week, as we are seeing a few teams begin to get hot, especially in the Western Conference, where we have a handful of teams on extended win streaks. As we do every single week, we are going to take a moment to talk about the top 5 teams in the rankings, as well as taking a look at the lowlights in the bottom 5. With that in mind, let’s jump right into the Week 6 NBA Power Rankings so you can continue betting against their NBA odds.
Updated NBA Power Rankings Heading to Week 6
- LA Lakers – The defending champions continue to hold on to the top spot in the rankings, as well as in the Western Conference, although things are getting tight there. The Lakers are now 14-4 on the season and are on a 3-game winning streak.
- LA Clippers – The Clippers are on an absolute tear right now, winning 7 in a row heading into the new week. They are now 13-4 on the season and hot on the heels of their neighbors. The Clippers jumped 3 spots in the rankings this week thanks to that run.
- Utah Jazz – We mentioned at the start of this piece that a few teams are rolling right now. The Utah Jazz, who have won 8 in a row, are one of them. They are 12-4 on the season and breathing down the necks of both LA teams in the West.
- Philadelphia 76ers – The 76ers ended last week with a 12-5 record, but they have since dropped another game with a loss to the Detroit Pistons. Despite that loss, the 76ers are still sitting atop the Eastern Conference at 12-6.
- Milwaukee Bucks – It has not been a great start to the season for the 10-6 Bucks, but they still cannot be written off this early in the season. The big issue they have at the moment is that they are routinely struggling against the better teams in the league.
- Orlando Magic – It’s easy to forget that the Magic started the season at 6-2 before going on a run that saw them lose 8 out of 9. They sat just above the bottom 5 last week, but they dropped in this week and will stay here if they cannot discover that early season form.
- Sacramento Kings – When you are this far down in the rankings, it’s the small things that are worth celebrating. The Kings moved up a couple of spots this week and have a schedule ahead of them that looks manageable. Might we see another upwards move next week?
- Minnesota Timberwolves – You cannot expect to win too many games when you have a team that is in the bottom 5 in both offense and defense. The T-Wolves are the only team in the league with that distinction, hence their ranking.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons continue to move in the wring direction, dropping 2 spots from their #27 ranking last week. The Pistons have the worst win percentage in the league, but they are coming off a win to start the new week.
- Washington Wizards – The run to the bottom is complete for a Wizards team that dropped 2 spots from #28 last week. They were forced to miss 13 days, so perhaps now that they are back, they can begin to move up again.
NBA Betting News
- LeBron James Could Miss Tuesday’s Game | Lakers vs. Spurs Game Preview Betting NBA
- Top NBA Week 2 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener