The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be looking to build on their stunning Week 4 win while pulling off the upset of the New Orleans Saints when they head down to the Big Easy for their Week 5 matchup against their longtime NFC South division rivals on Sunday. With the revamped Bucs looking to make another statement and the Saints looking to stay afloat until franchise quarterback Drew Brees returns, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NFL odds in this Week 5 matchup.
Buccaneers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- When: Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: FOX
- NFL Week 5 Odds: New Orleans -3.5 / Total: 47
- Scattered Thunderstorms: 30°C/86°F
- Humidity: 71%
- Precipitation: 50%
- Wind: 15 mph E
- Cloud Cover: 60%
- Type of Stadium: Indoor
Why Bet On Tampa Bay at +3.5?
Believe it or not, right now, there are a bunch of great reasons to back the Buccaneers in this matchup. First and foremost, Tampa Bay opened up an over-sized can of ‘whup ass’ on the unsuspecting Los Angeles Rams en route to a stunning 55-40 win last weekend. More importantly, veteran quarterback Jameis Winston had the look of an actual competent NFL starter under center by passing for 385 yards with four touchdowns and one just one interception in the win. Another good reason would be because the Bucs’ defense picked off quarterback Jared Goff three times and now looks decent, despite giving up 40 points in last weekend’s shootout. Last but not least, Tampa Bay is ranked a stellar fourth in scoring by putting up an impressive 30.8 points per game.
- Average Score For: 22.67
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 239.33
- Rush Yards: 121.67
- Average Score Against: 25.67
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 261
- Rush Yards: 69.67
Why Bet On New Orleans at -3.5?
The Saints look like a good pick too because they’ve won two straight games against teams that made the playoffs a year ago with Teddy Bridgewater under center. Then, there’s the fact that New Orleans put on their best defensive effort of the season by limiting Dallas to a paltry 10 points in their hard-fought 12-10 Week 4 win the last time out. Last but not least, the Saints are playing at home where they’re always tough to beat.
- Average Score For: 24
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 242
- Rush Yards: 97.67
- Average Score Against: 27.33
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 301.67
- Rush Yards: 134.67
NFL Week 5 Betting Trends for Buccaneers vs Saints
- Buccaneers are 1-7-1 ATS in the last 9 games played in October
- Buccaneers are 2-6 SU in the last 8 games
- The total went UNDER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 10 games
- Saints are 2-7 ATS in the last 9 games
- Saints are 16-4 SU in the last 20 games
- The total went UNDER in 9 of New Orleans’ last 13 games
Buccaneers vs Saints Expert Analysis and Prediction
I know New Orleans is playing at home in this contest and that they’ll have a healthy sense of urgency to get it done, seeing as how the Bucs are just a win back in the standings, but the Bucs recorded a 48-40 road win over New Orleans last season and that victory came under often clueless former head coach Dirk Koetter.
Now, with widely-respected head coach Bruce Arians leading Tampa Bay’s rebuild, I believe Jameis Winston and company are only going to get better with each passing week. The Buccaneers are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 road games and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games against their division rivals. On the flip side of the coin, New Orleans has struggled to cover the chalk in going an uninspiring 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games overall and equally disappointing 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games. I’m going with the resurgent Bucs to get the ATS cover at the very least, although the outright win is well within reach in this suddenly intriguing week 5 division battle.
Pick: Tampa Bay +3.5
More NFL Week 5 Betting News
- NFL Week 5 Odds Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL Week 5 Parlay Picks
- NFL Rumors & News: Week 5 Schedule Changes and Bolts Name Starting QB
- Browns vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Colts vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- Packers vs Cowboys 2019 NFL Week 5 Betting Lines & Preview
- Broncos vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Falcons vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Vikings vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 5 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 5 Lines, Game Prediction & Analysis
- Buccaneers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Bills vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 5 Spread, Game Preview & Prediction
- Ravens vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 5 Lines, Game Preview & Analysis
- Cardinals vs Bengals 2019 NFL Week 5 Odds, Prediction & Pick