Green Bay beat the rival Minnesota Vikings for the NFC North title. The Packers not only won their division but they also managed to grab the 2-seed in the NFC Playoffs. Because of their excellent regular season, Green Bay gets Wildcard Weekend off. Playoff football returns to Lambeau Field on Sunday, Jan. 12! Are the Packers worth a bet to win the conference? Are their Super Bowl odds overlaid or underlaid? Check out a postseason betting analysis of the Green Bay Packers!
Green Bay Packers 2020 NFL Postseason Betting Prediction
Green Bay Packers Odds
Green Bay Packers Team Analysis
In Matt LaFleur’s first season as a head coach, his former team, the L.A. Rams, missed the playoffs while his new team, the Packers, grabbed the 2-seed in the playoffs. That means LaFleur is a winning hire. How did LaFleur pull it off? It helps that he’s got a hall-of-fame quarterback under center. But the real reason that LaFleur and the Packers will host a Divisional Playoff game is because of Green Bay’s defense.
The Packers’ defense was one of the NFL’s great revelations this season. Everyone expected that after they got on the same page, Rodgers and LaFleur would find success. Most didn’t expect that the defense would play the way it has.
Green Bay allows 19.6 points per. That ranks 9th in the league. What’s interesting is that the Packers rank in the bottom half of the league in yards allowed each game. Opponents average 352.8 total yards. Green Bay gives up 232.6 passing yards and 120.1 rushing yards.
That means one thing: Green Bay forces field goals in the red zone. When Green Bay gets the ball, Rodgers takes his time. He was more Bart Starr than Brett Favre this season when completing 62% of his passes and throwing for 4,002 yards.
It’s a winning formula for Green Bay. So much so, that the Packers are the third choice to win the NFC.
Are +325 fair odds on the Packers to win the NFC?
Green Bay’s defense stepped it up in December. The offense didn’t. The Packers beat the Giants 31-13 on Dec. 1. But, the offense didn’t generate 30 points or more in any game after. In fact, in the following 4 games, Green Bay managed no more than 23 points. This includes scoring 23 against the Detroit Lions on Dec. 29th.
That spells trouble for Green Bay. Unless Minnesota upsets New Orleans on Sunday, the Packers must face the Saints on Jan. 12. That’s a recipe for disaster because the Saints scored 46, 34, 38, and 42 in their final 4 games in the regular season. Green Bay won’t keep up with New Orleans even if it’s raining at Lambeau.
The odds on Green Bay to win the NFC are underlay odds.
Are +1000 fair odds on the Packers to win the Super Bowl?
Green Bay should have trouble beating the New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, or Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs. All 4 of those teams have advantages Green Bay doesn’t have.
If the Packers make the Super Bowl, most teams in the AFC can beat them. Green Bay is a good football team. But they don’t have a single advantage over the Titans, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots, or Ravens. Even at +1000, odds aren’t fair on Green Bay to win the Super Bowl.
More NFL Playoffs Betting News
- NFL Offensive Players Betting Analysis Heading Into Week 13
- Seahawks vs Washington MNF | Predictions & Preview Game
- Five Betting Reasons of Why An NFC Team Will Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting Odds: Sure Losers Week 13
- Tennessee Titans vs New England Patriots Betting Preview – NFL Week 12 Odds
- Carolina Panthers vs Miami Dolphins Betting Preview – NFL Week 12 Odds
- NFL Week 12 Odds: Vikings vs 49ers Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL Week 12 Odds: Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Browns vs Ravens Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: New York Jets at Houston Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Season: Falcons vs Jaguars Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Season: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Betting Analysis
- Philadelphia vs New York Giants | NFL Analysis & Predictions week 12
- Los Angeles Chargers vs Denver | NFL Betting Analysis & Predictions