Both the Raiders and Steelers won on the moneyline as underdogs in NFL Week 1, which makes Vegas – Pittsburgh one of NFL Week 2’s most interesting matchups. Las Vegas travels to Steel Town, which is why Pittsburgh is the favorite against the spread. Will the Raiders pull off another ATS or moneyline upset? Can the Steelers make it 2 straight victories SU and against the spread? Check out NFL odds, analysis, and free picks for Steelers versus Raiders.
NFL Betting Preview for Las Vegas Raiders vs Pittsburgh Steelers
NFL Week 2: Las Vegas Raiders at Pittsburgh Steelers Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, Sep. 19 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount+
- ATS Odds: Pittsburgh -5 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Las Vegas +205 / Pittsburgh -255
- Over/Under Odds: 47
Why bet on Las Vegas versus Pittsburgh?
In Vegas’ 33-27 overtime win against the Baltimore Ravens, we saw a different Raiders squad than what we’re used to seeing. Plenty of times during the game the Raiders had a chance to fold. LV kept coming, not giving up in regulation, and not giving up in overtime. If the Raiders bring the same attitude into Pittsburgh on Sunday, they will cover the spread.
Las Vegas Raiders Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 491.0
- Passing Yards: 409.0
- Rushing Yards: 82.0
- Points Scored: 33.0
- Turnovers: 1.0
Las Vegas Raiders Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 406.0
- Passing Yards: 217.0
- Rushing Yards: 189.0
- Points Scored: 27.0
- Takeaways: 2
Why bet on Pittsburgh versus Las Vegas?
Heading into NFL Week 1, the Pittsburgh Steelers were one of the most derided teams in the league. Many believed the Buffalo Bills would dominate Pittsburgh. Instead, the Steelers played excellent defense and then mounted a massive second half comeback. Pittsburgh beat Buffalo 23-16. The Steelers now return home to face a team that most feel won’t make the playoffs. Pittsburgh can cover the -5.5.
Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 252.0
- Passing Yards: 177.0
- Rushing Yards: 75.0
- Points Scored: 23.0
- Turnovers: 0
Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 371.0
- Passing Yards: 254.0
- Rushing Yards: 117.0
- Points Scored: 16.0
- Takeaways: 1
Raiders at Steelers Relevant Trends
- Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog
- Las Vegas is 7-17 ATS in their last 24 games following a straight up win
- Over is 4-0 in the Raiders last 4 games as an underdog
- Steelers are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games on grass
- Pittsburgh is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite
- Under is 3-1-1 in the Steelers last 5 games as a home favorite
Las Vegas Raiders at Pittsburgh Steelers Final Betting Prediction
It’s impossible to say which team impressed more in their first game. The Steelers beat a team that many thought would rout them by 10 or more points. The Raiders kept fighting in a game they had ever reason to lose.
Both teams could suffer a let down in the second week, which makes this a difficult game to handicap. When we’re faced with such a situation, it’s often best to turn to trends and make a decision based on the most relevant.
In this case, a couple of trends stand out. The Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog while the Steelers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 as the chalk. What this tells us is that Las Vegas tends to play up to their competition while the Steelers play down to theirs.
If we assume both teams bounce and aren’t as sharp in week 2 as they were in week 1, and then let the relevant trends help us make a decision, we end up siding with the Raiders. Taking the points on Vegas makes the most sense.
NFL Week 2 Pick: Las Vegas Raiders
NFL Betting News
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7