This weekend, Major League Soccer has a full slate of matches. On Friday, New York City hosts Columbus and the Los Angeles Galaxy host the Portland Timbers in a couple of big contests. Saturday’s top matchups include New England Revolution at the New York Red Bulls and Real Salt Lake at the Houston Dynamo. Check out MLS Betting odds, analysis, and free picks for this weekend’s top Major League Soccer matches
Top MLS Games of The Week to Bet On (July 30th – August 1st)
Friday, July 30th Matches
- Columbus Crew +1 ½ (-161) / New York City FC -1 ½ (+122)
Because this takes place on their pitch, New York City FC is getting the benefit of the doubt. Columbus won the last match by a 2-1 score, though. But the odds imply NYFC should struggle to win. That won’t be the case. New York beat Orlando City 5-0 on July 25. NYFC continues the roll.
Soccer Pick: New York City FC
- Atlanta United +285 / Orlando City SC -114
Orlando City has a win, a draw, and 3 losses in their last 5. Atlanta United shows 2 draws and 3 losses in their last 5. On April 17, these two drew 0-0. Either team could win this. However, another draw looks like the optimal bet.
Soccer Pick: Draw
- Portland Timbers +235 / Los Angeles Galaxy -101
On July 24, Portland fell by a goal, 1-2, against Minnesota United. The Galaxy lost 0-4 to Dallas on July 24. There’s a chance LAG turns it around in this, but since Portland beat Los Angeles 3-0 on May 22, the Timbers are the better play.
Soccer Pick: Portland Timbers
Saturday, July 31st Matches
- New England Revolution +190 / New York Red Bulls +125
New England Revolution has won 3 straight. The Revolution have also taken the last couple of head-to-head matches. The odds make New England an overlay.
Soccer Pick: New England Revolution
- DC United +136 / FC Cincinnati +180
Cincinnati has won 3 and drawn twice in their last 5. On July 25, DC United beat the New York Red Bulls 1-0. DC U could make it 2 in a row, but the home squad is due. Give Cincinnati a shot.
Soccer Pick: FC CincinnatI
MLS Weekly Betting Update
- CF Montreal +220 / Inter Miami CF +108
Since neither team is in very good form, it makes sense to check out the head-to-head. CF Montreal has never lost to Inter Miami. Montreal is 3-0, including winning the latest face-off on July 3. The road team is the play.
Soccer Pick: CF Montreal
- Real Salt Lake +230 / Houston Dynamo +104
On July 24, Real Salt Lake beat Colorado Rapids 3-0. That should give RS Lake an edge in this match because the Dynamo show 4 draws and a loss in their last 5. Houston can win this. The odds force us to give Real Salt Lake a look.
Soccer Pick: Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids +225 / Austin FC +121
On April 24, Austin FC beat Colorado Rapids 3-1. The Rapids head into this after an 0-3 loss versus Real Salt Lake on July 24. As long as Austin shows odds above even money, they’re the play.
Soccer Pick: Austin FC
- Minnesota United FC -117 / Vancouver Whitecaps FC +275
Vancouver shows a win and 2 draws in their last 3. Minny United shows 2 wins and a draw in their last 3. The draw happened against LAFC on July 28. The odds imply the Whitecaps don’t have a chance. Maybe, the home team doesn’t. But they could force a draw, which would lead to a nice score.
Soccer Pick: Draw
Sunday, August 1st Match
- Nashville SC +185 / Toronto FC +133
On July 24, Toronto beat Chicago and Nashville beat Cincinnati. Nashville’s victory impressed more. Also, Nashville has won the last couple of head-to-head matches.
Soccer Pick: Nashville
Soccer Betting News
- European Leagues Betting Update: Bayern Shows They Still Rule the Bundesliga
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer