Another week of NBA action is in the books and we once again have a new team sitting atop the power rankings as we head into the new week. This might likely prove to be the way things go as we head towards the All-Star Game and the trade deadline, as we are seeing teams go through definite ups and downs as they struggle to find consistency. As we do every week at this time, let’s take a moment to break down the top and bottom 5 teams in the NBA Power Rankings so you can continue making your bets against their NBA odds.
Updated Midweek NBA Power Rankings for Week 9
- Utah Jazz – We have seen this coming for a while now, but it has finally happened, as the Jazz take the #1 spot for the first time this season. The Jazz are 9-1 in their last 10 games and are on an 8-game winning streak at the moment, taking their season record to 23-5.
- LA Lakers – The Lakers once again slipped out of the top spot despite going 8-2 in their last 10 games. The problem that they have right now is that Anthony Davis is out injured until probably after the All-Star game. It’ll be interesting to see how they manage without him.
- LA Clippers – You have to give the Clippers credit for being able to power through despite seeing some of their best players go through injuries that have made it impossible to have the ideal starting 5 on the court at the same time.
- Phoenix Suns – It’s a massive leap for the Suns this week, as they move up 8 spots and into the top 5. They did see a great winning run come to an end on Tuesday night when they gassed a big lead against the Nets, but they have still won 8 of their last 10 games.
- Philadelphia 76ers – The 76ers are sliding down the rankings and in danger of dropping out of the top 5. They maintain the top spot in the Eastern Conference, but they have now lost 3 in a row and have the Nets breathing down their necks.
- Chicago Bulls – After barely keeping their head above water, the Bulls drop into the bottom 5 this week. They did get the new week off to a winning start after taking down the Indiana Pacers, so perhaps they will move up again next week.
- Orlando Magic – No change for the Magic this week, as they stay in at the #27 spot with a 10-18 record. They have what looks to be a couple of winnable games ahead of them this week, including one against the Pistons.
- Washington Wizards – Not quite time to break out the champagne in the nation’s capital this week, but moving out of the bottom spot in the Power Rankings is a start for the Wizards. They are winners of 2 in a row.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Despite having the fewest wins (7) of any team in the NBA, the Timberwolves are not yet quite at the bottom of the heap. You do get the sense, though, that it’s only a matter of time.
- Cleveland Cavaliers – It wasn’t so very long ago that the Cavaliers were sitting just a game below .500, but an 8-game losing streak has seen them go plummeting down the rankings all the way to the very bottom.
NBA Betting News
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis
- NBA 2021 Season Opening Week Matches to Must Bet On