Fresh off a loss to the rival Baltimore Ravens, the Kansas City Chiefs welcome their first division opponent of the season. The Los Angeles Chargers dropped a game to the Dallas Cowboys in NFL Week 2. Will the Bolts prove they’re ready to overtake the Chiefs in the deep AFC West? Or will Kansas City prove their division reign has a long way to go? Check out NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Chargers at Chiefs.
NFL Betting Preview for Los Angeles Chargers vs Kansas City Chiefs
NFL Week 3: Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Sep. 26 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount+
- ATS Odds: Kansas City -6 ½
- Moneyline Odds: LAC +250 / Kansas City -310
- Over/Under Odds: 55 ½
Why bet on LAC versus Kansas City?
In their first game, the Chargers went into D.C. and beat the Washington Football Team. Although Justin Herbert and the Bolts lost to Dallas in week 2, they played well. The Cowboys nailed a last second, 56-yard field goal to win 20-17. The Chargers defense stepped it up, holding Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott to no touchdown passes, just 237 yards, and a pick. If the Bolts play the same type of defense agianst the Chiefs, they will keep this within the spread.
Los Angeles Chargers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 416.0
- Passing Yards: 323.5
- Rushing Yards: 92.5
- Points Scored: 18.5
- Turnovers: 4
Los Angeles Chargers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 339.0
- Passing Yards: 177.0
- Rushing Yards: 162.0
- Points Scored: 18.0
- Takeaways: 2
Why bet on Kansas City versus LAC?
The Kansas City Chiefs were on their way to another win against Lamar Jackson on the Baltimore Ravens. But running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumbled and the Ravens ran out the clock. KC knows they let a victory slip from their grasps. They won’t allow the Chargers to keep this close. Once the Chiefs jump out to a big lead, they should coast to a win and cover.
Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 401.0
- Passing Yards: 333.5
- Rushing Yards: 67.5
- Points Scored: 34.0
- Turnovers: 2
Kansas City Chiefs Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 469.0
- Passing Yards: 267.0
- Rushing Yards: 202.0
- Points Scored: 32.5
- Takeaways: 4
Chargers at Chiefs Relevant Trends
- Chargers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall
- LAC is 3-1-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings
- Over is 6-1 in the Chargers last 7 games on grass
- Chiefs are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games on grass
- Kansas City is 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games
- Over is 5-1 in the Chiefs last 6 versus the AFC
Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs Final Betting Prediction
The Chiefs don’t cover spreads. KC has gone 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games. They’re a terrible 1-10 ATS in their last 11 on grass.
One of the problems for the Chiefs is that they are one-dimensional on offense. Granted, their one-dimension, Patrick Mahomes and the passing game, is better than most NFL team’s two-dimensions. But, still, if KC can’t rush the ball in this game, they will have problems.
Another big issue for Kansas City? The defense might be the worst in the NFL. Justin Herbert is a good enough quarterback to dissect KC’s secondary while the Chargers’ rushing attack should get back on track after a tough game versus the Cowboys.
The Chargers may have caught up to the Chiefs enough to win this on the moneyline. If you don’t want to take the big risk, grab the points.
NFL Week 3 Pick: Los Angeles Chargers
NFL Betting News
- NFL Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco Betting Analysis – Week 7
- Chicago vs Tampa Bay | NFL Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NY Jets vs New England | NFL Betting Preview and Matchup
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 6
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs vs Tennessee Titans Betting Analysis – Week 7