A couple of SEC powers hoping to bounce back from tough losses in NCAAF Week 5 hit the gridiron against each other when #13 Arkansas takes on #17 Ole Miss. Last Saturday, #2 Georgia trounced Arkansas 37-0. #1 Alabama blasted Mississippi 42-21. Will the Razorbacks or Rebels get back on the winning track in one of week 6’s most intriguing matchups? Check out College Football odds, analysis, and a free pick plus betting tips for Arkansas versus Ole Miss on Saturday.
#13 Arkansas Razorbacks at #17 Ole Miss Rebels
- When: Saturday, Oct. 9 at 12:00 pm ET
- Where: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS
- TV / Streaming: ESPN / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Ole Miss -6
- Over/Under Odds: 66 ½
Why bet on #13 Arkansas versus #17 Ole Miss?
Up until the loss against Georgia, Arkansas had rolled through their first 4 opponents. One of the victories put the Razorbacks on the map. Arkansas upset Texas 40-21 as a +5.5 underdog. If Arkansas could hold the Longhorns to 21 points, they can hold Mississippi to under their average. Also, if the Razorbacks could rush against the Horns, they should be able to rush against the Rebels.
- Total Yards: 417.4
- Passing Yards: 192.6
- Rushing Yards: 224.8
- Points Scored: 28.6
- Turnovers: 0
- Total Yards: 282.8
- Passing Yards: 129.8
- Rushing Yards: 153.0
- Points Scored: 19.0
- Takeaways: 4
Why bet on #17 Ole Miss against #13 Arkansas?
We should throw out the loss to Alabama. The Crimson Tide is the best college football team in the nation. Losing to Alabama makes sense. If we throw out the NCAAF Week 5 game, we notice that Mississippi’s offense is impossible to stop. The Rebels scored 43 in a victory over Louisville, 54 in an easy win against Austin Peay, and 61 in a 40-point victory over Tulane. Like every other team not named Alabama, Arkansas will struggle to keep Ole Miss out of the end zone.
Ole Miss Rebels
- Total Yards: 549.3
- Passing Yards: 305.8
- Rushing Yards: 243.5
- Points Scored: 44.8
- Turnovers: 3
Ole Miss Rebels
- Total Yards: 371.3
- Passing Yards: 216.8
- Rushing Yards: 154.5
- Points Scored: 26.0
- Takeaways: 2
Relevant Trends for #13 Arkansas Razorbacks at #17 Ole Miss Rebels
- Razorbacks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Arkansas is 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings
- Over is 4-1 in the Razorbacks last 5 games following an ATS loss
- Ole Miss is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 conference games
- Rebels are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a home favorite
- Under is 12-3 in Ole Miss’s last 15 games following a straight up loss
#13 Arkansas versus #17 Ole Miss Final Betting Prediction
The Razorbacks and Rebels are a contrast in football philosophies. Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin runs a spread offense designed to keep opposing defenses on their heels. When it works, Mississippi can dominate teams by 30 points or more.
Arkansas coach Sam Pittman is an offensive line guru. The Razorbacks are a run first team, Arkansas averages 248.2 yards per game on the ground. Versus Ole Miss, that should give Arkansas a huge edge.
In the loss to Alabama, the Rebels allowed Bama running back Brian Robinson Jr. to rush for 171 yards from 36 carries. Robinson Jr. also scored 4 touchdowns.
Arkansas rushed for 202 yards against Texas A&M’s defense in a win. The Razorbacks should get at least versus Mississippi’s porous defense.
The Razorbacks are good enough to win this straight up. If you want to take the risk, wait for the moneyline. If not, back Arkansas against the spread.
NCAAF Week 6 Pick: Arkansas
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- Can Georgia, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State or Alabama Win the National Championship?
- Betting Non-Conference College Football Spring Games To Win Big
- College Football Betting Tips Update for the First Weeks of the 2022-23 Season
- AP Top 25 College Football Poll: Do They Match with the Odds to Win the Championship?
- NCAA Football Early Predictions With Georgia Bulldogs as Favorite to Win