This week, Keeneland and Belmont run a few stakes races that could lead to Breeders’ Cup starts. Although it’s late in the game to prep a thoroughbred for the BC World Championships, sometimes, a horse could get hot right before the biggest day in American horse racing. Owners and trainers with hot horses often take a shot.
Check out top plays and Horse Racing Odds for the Top Stakes Races of the Week from Wednesday, Oct. 13th to Sunday, Oct. 17th. You can also visit our Online Racebook to place your bets on active racetracks.
Horse Racing Odds & Picks October 11th Edition
Top Stakes Races for the Week
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 13 – Sunday, Oct. 17
Keeneland Race Course – Wednesday, Oct. 13
- Grade 2 Jessamine Stakes – 1 1/16 miles turf – $200,000
Sixteen horses have entered for the Grade 2 Jessamine on Wednesday. If there aren’t any scratches, the field should be around 10 to, maybe, 14 runners. If that happens, Wayne Catalano trained Dressed, Opalina from the Richard Rodriguez barn, and Misthaven trained by Joe Sharp will go off the lukewarm favorites.
Keeneland Race Course – Friday, Oct. 15
- Grade 3 – Franklin County Stakes – 5 ½ furlongs turf – $150,000
Expect a full field for the Franklin County Stakes on Friday. Toby’s Heart, trained by Brian Lynch, won the $500,000 Music City Stakes at Kentucky Downs in September. Toby is a nominee for the Franklin County. If the Lynch runner goes, the filly should battle Michael Stidham trained Advocating for favoritism.
Belmont Park – Saturday, Oct. 16
- Grade 2 Sands Point Stakes – 1 1/8 miles turf – $200,000
At least six horses will run in the Grad 2 Sands Point. The second, third, and fourth place finishers from the Pebbles Stakes should garner the most attention. Jordan’s Leo finished second. Runaway Rumour finished third, and Our Flash Drive finished fourth.
Keeneland Race Course – Saturday, Oct. 16
- Grade 1 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup – 1 1/8 miles turf – $500,000
The weekend’s top race is a the Grade 1 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup. Keeneland has invited eleven fillies to take part in the event. Chad Brown trained Technical Analysis will be one of the favorites. Should she run, so will Aidan O’Brien charge Empress Josephine. If Army Wife, trained by Mike Maker, enters, she will also attract some play.
Santa Anita Park – Saturday, Oct. 16
- California Distaff Handicap – 6 ½ furlongs turf – $100,000
A full field is expected for the California Distaff Handicap. Warren’s Showtime, should trainer Craig Lewis enter, may go off the favorite. Showtime won the Grade 3 Wilshire in June. Pulpit Rider beat Warren’s Showtime to win the Solano Beach. If Mike Pyupe enters the six-year-old mare, she too could vie for favoritism.
Belmont Park – Sunday, Oct. 17
- Floral Park Stakes – 6 furlongs turf – $150,000
Lead Guitar won the 2020 Floral Park. Fire Key won in 2018 and 2019. The Floral Park won’t produce a Breeders’ Cup runner. It could produce a high-paying win mutuel, though. So make sure to handicap the Floral Park Stakes on Sunday.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet Horses Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the races
Horse Racing Betting Center
Latest Horse Racing News:
- Update Kentucky Derby Odds: 2023 Road to the Roses
- Top Stakes to Bet On: Turfway Park and Fair Grounds with Grade 2 and 3 Races
- Top Stakes to Bet On: Essex Handicap, Whitmore Stakes, Just to Start With
- Top Stakes to Bet On: Gulfstream Park to Santa Anita Park
- Top Stakes to Bet On: Aqueduct Racetrack to Santa Anita Park