The top spot in the NBA Power Rankings is proving difficult to keep, as we once again have another new team on top in Week 8. If you look across all the major professional sports, you see that there is a certain level of unpredictability across the board. It is not easy for players to adjust to playing in the midst of a global pandemic and the results seem to be reflecting that. We saw a few moves this past week in the NBA, so let’s once again take a look at the top and bottom 5 so you can keep betting against their NBA odds.
Updated Midweek NBA Power Rankings for Week 8
- LA Lakers – After dropping down to #3 last week, the LA Lakers are back in the top spot in the NBA Power Rankings. After a little bit of a wobble, they have now on 5 in a row and 8 of their last 10 games. Despite that positive run, they are still sitting second in the Western Conference, a game back of the Utah Jazz.
- Utah Jazz – If the Jazz continue to play as well as they are right now, it may not be too long before we see them take a turn at the #1 spot. The Jazz have won 5 in a row and have just 1 loss in their last 10 games, which is good enough to have them first in the West.
- Philadelphia 76ers – The 76ers dropped a spot from last week, but given that they still have the lead in the Eastern Conference, they are probably not that concerned about their ranking here. They are 8-2 in their last 10 and have a game and a half lead at the top.
- LA Clippers – After hitting the top spot in the power rankings last week, the Clippers have taken a fall and come into this week on a 2-game losing skid that has seen them fall to 6-4 in their last 10 games. This is probably a minor blip.
- Milwaukee Bucks – We certainly all expected the Bucks to be a little higher at this stage of the season, but there are signs that they are moving in the right direction. They are winners of 5 straight and closing in on the top spot in the East.
- Cleveland Cavaliers – It wasn’t so very long ago that the Cavaliers were sitting a game above .500, but with just 2 wins in the 9 games since then, they have taken a rather quick fall in the Power Rankings, dropping 3 more places this week.
- Orlando Magic – While other teams moved up and down this past week, the Magic stayed right where they were in Week 7. Orlando is 9-16 on the season and have lost back-to-back games that have seem them fall to 2-8 in their last 10.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – The T-Wolves are well off the pace at the bottom of the Western Conference, 3 ½ games back of the team directly above them. We don’t see things getting much better in the coming weeks.
- Detroit Pistons – With just 6 wins on the season, the Pistons are rooted to the bottom of the Eastern Conference, although they might just find a way out of the cellar this week after winning their last outing.
- Washington Wizards – The Wizards have the same number of wins as Detroit, but they have also played three games less. They also won their last game, which kept them from sliding into the bottom spot in the conference.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NBA Lines | Online Betting
MyBookie Odds for the Games
NBA Betting Center
NBA Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
Latest NBA News:
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Forget the Odds, Wich team is Favorite to Win?
- 2023 NBA Finals Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 Odds and Analysis
- NBA Finals Betting Predictions 2023: Miami Heat at Denver Nuggets, Game 1
- 2023 NBA Finals Game 1 Odds and Analysis
- NBA Finals Odds: Heat vs. Nuggets in Game 1 Analysis, Trends and Prediction