So far, the Kansas City Chiefs have disappointed. The defending AFC Champions have started the season 1-2. The Chiefs hope that playing against the beat up Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday afternoon will get them back on the winning track. Will KC cover the -7 spread? Or can Jalen Hurts and the Eagles keep it close? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Kansas City at Philadelphia.
NFL Betting Preview for Kansas City at Philadelphia
NFL Week 4: Kansas City vs Philadelphia Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Oct. 3 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount +
- ATS Odds: Kansas City -7
- Moneyline Odds: Kansas City -315 / Philadelphia +255
- Over/Under Odds: 54 ½
Why bet on Kansas City versus Philadelphia?
For the first time this season, Kansas City plays a team that shouldn’t make the playoffs. In their first game, KC beat Cleveland 33-29. Then in their second game, the Chiefs fell to Baltimore 35-36. The Los Angeles Chargers upset KC in week 3. All three of those teams should play in the postseason. The Philadelphia Eagles likely won’t, which means the Chiefs should not only win this game straight up, but they should also cover the spread.
Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 413.0
- Passing Yards: 306.0
- Rushing Yards: 106.0
- Points Scored: 30.7
- Turnovers: 6
Kansas City Chiefs Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 430.0
- Passing Yards: 269.7
- Rushing Yards: 160.3
- Points Scored: 31.7
- Takeaways: 4
Why bet on Philadelphia versus Kansas City?
Since beating the Atlanta Falcons 32-6 in their first game of the season, Philadelphia has fallen apart. The Eagles dropped a game to San Francisco and then the wheels really fell off in a 41-21 loss to Dallas on Monday night football. But although the Cowboys spanked the Eagles, Philadelphia had to play without starting left tackle Jordan Mailata. Philly’s starting LT should return for this game. If he does, Philadelphia’s offense will play much better versus the Chiefs than it did against Dallas.
Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 376.3
- Passing Yards: 247.0
- Rushing Yards: 129.3
- Points Scored: 21.3
- Turnovers: 2
Philadelphia Eagles Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 315.3
- Passing Yards: 181.7
- Rushing Yards: 133.7
- Points Scored: 21.3
- Takeaways: 1
Chiefs at Eagles Relevant Trends
- Kansas City is 2-12 ATS in their last 14 games
- Chiefs are 0-5 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Under is 4-0 in Kansas City’s last 4 games following a straight up loss
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 at home
- Eagles are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games following a straight up loss
- Under is 8-2 in Philadelphia’s last 10 games on grass
Kansas City Chiefs versus Philadelphia Eagles Final Betting Prediction
Everyone expects the Chiefs to get healthy versus the Eagles, but there is a lot going against Kansas City. First, the Chiefs are an awful team against the spread.
The 2-12 record ATS in their last 14 makes KC almost unplayable. Second, Kansas City ranks thirty-first in rushing yards allowed and thirtieth in total yards allowed.
Overall, KC’s defense allows 31.7 points per, which is tied for thirty-first in the league. Finally, Eagles’ starting left tackle Jordan Mailata is trending towards playing.
If Mailata plays, Philadelphia could send KC to their third straight loss. If Mailata doesn’t play, the Eagles remain the pick to cover. Patrick Mahomes can only do so much and with the way KC’s defense has played in the last couple of weeks, the fictional Dillon Panthers could amass yards and scored touchdowns against the defending AFC champs.
NFL Week 4 Pick: Philadelphia Eagles
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest