The Atlanta Braves will be looking to get set for the postseason when they take to the field for the opener of a three-game series against the New York Mets on Friday night. With nothing left to play for, let’s find out if New York can take care of business at home or whether the playoff-bound Braves are the pick despite being on the road.
Braves vs Mets 2019 MLB Spread, Game Info & Betting Pick
- When: Friday, September 27 – 7:10 PM EST
- Where: Citi Field, New York City, New York
- TV: FS-South
- Radio: Atlanta / New York
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Mets -116/Braves -105 / Total: 8.5
- Braves LH Dallas Keuchel (8-7, 3.59 ERA)
- Mets RH Marcus Stroman (9-13, 3.23)
Why Bet On Atlanta?
The best reason to back the Braves is because they are simply the better team on the mound and in the field in this NL East division rivalry. Atlanta has won four of their last six including an emphatic 10-2 spanking of Kansas City on Wednesday. Atlanta has also won three straight over New York and a whopping eight of 10 meetings this season alone. For this contest, the Braves will hand the ball to veteran right-hander Dallas Keuchel in this affair. Keuchel has lost his past two starts but has limited the opposition to two earned runs or less in eight of his past nine starts. The 31-year-old gave up three runs (two earned) on six hits with two walks and four strikeouts in six innings Sunday against San Francisco.
- Runs: 5.33
- Hits: 8.84
- Walks: 3.84
- Strike Outs: 9.00
- Runs: 4.58
- Hits: 8.77
- Walks: 3.40
- Strike Outs: 8.57
Why Bet on the NY Mets?
The Mets will be playing for pride, but they’ve split their last four and come into this contest off a 4-2 loss to lowly Miami on Wednesday night. New York will hand the ball to right-hander Marcus Stroman in this affair. The veteran has gone 3-2 with a 3.86 ERA and New York is 7-3 in his 10 starts. The 28-year-old held Cincinnati to two runs on three hits in 4.2 innings in a no-decision Sunday.
- Runs: 4.94
- Hits: 8.94
- Walks: 3.19
- Strike Outs: 8.49
- Runs: 4.59
- Hits: 8.70
- Walks: 3.11
- Strike Outs: 9.32
MLB Betting Trends for Braves vs Mets
- Braves are 4-2 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games
- Mets are 6-3 SU in the last 9 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of the Mets’ last 5 games against an opponent in the National League East division
Expert Analysis and Prediction for Braves vs Mets
Atlanta might not be going all-out to get the win in this one seeing as how they’ve already clinched a playoff berth, but I still like the Braves to get it done behind Dallas Keuchel. The Braves have gone 6-2 in Keuchel’s last 8 starts and 35-17 in their last 52 games overall. New York has gone 7-3 in their last 10 home games, but again, New York has nothing left to play for and that’s why Atlanta is the pick to get the outright road win on Friday night.
Pick: Atlanta 4 NY Mets 2
More MLB Betting News
- Braves vs. Astros MLB Bets Lines | World Series Game 1 Odds
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 6 | MLB Betting Lines
- MLB Rumors: Mets Want To Keep Baez, Yankees Will Keep Boone
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 4 Preview and Betting Odds
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups