The Chicago Cubs will be looking to snap out of their ugly funk when they hit the road to take on the playoff-bound St. Louis Cardinals in an NL Central divisional showdown that gets underway on Friday night. Now, let’s find out if Chicago can get the big road upset or whether St. Louis is the pick to take care of business at home.
Cubs vs Cardinals 2019 MLB Lines, Analysis & Expert Pick
- When: Friday September 27, 2019, 8:15 PM (EDT)
- Where: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO
- TV: FS-Midwest
- Radio: Chicago / St. Louis
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: St. Louis -1.5 / Total: 8.5
- Cubs RH Alec Mills (1-0, 2.90 ERA)
- Cardinals RH Dakota Hudson (16-7, 3.45)
Why Bet On Chicago?
There’s no real good reason to back the Cubs in this contest, seeing as how they’ve dropped nine straight games including a humbling 9-5 loss to Pittsburgh on Wednesday. Chicago has been held to two runs or less in six of their last nine while giving up an identical nine runs in three of those losses. For this contest, the Cubs will hand the ball to right-hander Alec Mills who will be making his fourth start of the season and the sixth of his career. The 27-year-old tossed 4.2 shutout innings against St. Louis while allowing two hits and striking out six.
- Runs: 5.02
- Hits: 8.47
- Walks: 3.60
- Strike Outs: 8.99
- Runs: 4.37
- Hits: 8.47
- Walks: 3.25
- Strike Outs: 8.89
Why Bet On St. Louis?
The Cardinals are heading into the playoffs and they’ll almost assuredly want to get their with some momentum in their favor. St. Louis has dropped two straight after winning their previous six, which includes a four-game sweep of St. Louis. The Cards fell to Arizona 9-7 on Tuesday night and now they’ll hand the ball to right-hander Dakota Hudson in this one. The 25-year-old got touched up for three earned runs on three hits while walking four in just 3.0 innings of a 9-8 win over the Cubs in his last outing.
- Runs: 4.70
- Hits: 8.26
- Walks: 3.41
- Strike Outs: 8.72
- Runs: 4.06
- Hits: 7.89
- Walks: 3.37
- Strike Outs: 8.63
MLB Betting Trends for Cubs vs Cardinals
- Cubs are 0-9 SU in the last 9 games
- The total went UNDER in 9 of the Cubs’ last 10 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- Cardinals are 6-2 SU in the last 8 games
- The total went UNDER in 6 of the Cardinals’ last 8 games against Chicago
Cubs vs Cardinals Expert Analysis and Prediction
I’m going to get right to the point by saying that there is absolutely no reason why anyone should back the Chicago Cubs in this contest. Chicago has lost nine straight division games, not to mention the fact that the Cubs are also 1-5 in their last six road games and 0-7 in their last 7 games against a team with a winning record. St. Louis has gone 11-3 in their last 14 games following a loss and 20-7 in their last 27 home games. The Cardinals are also 13-3 in Dakota Hudson’s last 16 home starts and 7-0 in Hudson’s last 7 division starts. Don’t think twice about this one MLB betting buffs. The Cardinals will win this one by at least two runs.
Pick: St. Louis 5 Chicago 2
More MLB Betting News
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?
- NL Wild Card Game Cardinals vs. Dodgers | MLB Betting Odds & Picks
- AL Wild Card Game: Yankees at Red Sox | MLB Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Red Sox vs Nationals MLB | Washington Can Play Spoiler
- MLB Rumors: Giants Likely Will Not Have HR Leader For Playoffs
- Yankees vs Blue Jays MLB | Stellar Pitching Matchup